HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently putting together my conversion parts and going with the fused job. All I need now is an ump stock (like everyone else) and my 922r compliance parts.

I just received my de-milled receiver section from Hkparts. As soon as I opened it up I noticed it was scratched, dirty, and looked kind of beat up and used. Now, this is my first conversion so if this is normal and will be fine after fused,dyed and painted...then fine. I'm just not used to seeing stuff like this come from Hk or Adam. It just looks kind of trashed. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just wanted to run this through those who know.

Thanks all!

Pics for you to check out:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, every stub that I've purchased has had a similar look. Some are a little cleaner than others, but you're rarely going to find a "new looking" de-milled section. Regardless, the welding process would stand out anyway, so both Tommy and Chopstix have their own methods for refinishing the receivers. You'll be lucky if you can even spot where the seam is (or scratches were) once you get it back.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
demilled usually equals having the sh*t beat out of it before AKA used

I see that as pretty typical of demilled weapons Rarely you get the cherry that was demilled and never used

thats the best thing about guns, they can be refinished to look damn near if not new!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.