HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm seeing a lot of UMP Mag's available all of the sudden. Unfortunately still at over $100. Could it be that HK is finally shipping them?

Tommy

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Let's hope tommy.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of UMP Mag's available all of the sudden. Unfortunately still at over $100. Could it be that HK is finally shipping them?

Tommy
No, what you are seeing is price gougers. 2 weeks ago I picked up several from Centermass firearms for $89 apiece but they were gone in like 60 minutes. I don't think the motherload has hit the shores yet but when it does expect to pay around $90 per mag.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, what you are seeing is price gougers. 2 weeks ago I picked up several from Centermass firearms for $89 apiece but they were gone in like 60 minutes. I don't think the motherload has hit the shores yet but when it does expect to pay around $90 per mag.
$90 a mag when they are back in stock?! Now I don't feel too bad paying $135.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just picked up a couple from Centermass last Saturday, 4/17/12, after missing out on the initial batch a week earlier. Needless to say, I was surprised when I checked their site to have it read In Stock! I didn't hesitate to put in my order for 2. Later that night I checked again and they sold the last two. It does appear batches are coming, but they sell out so quickly you may not even realize it.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Tommy
Yes they are coming into distributers now, just missed a batch today by about an hour. But even the wholesale is way up from where it used to be , I doubt they will be cheep again.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I still haven't picked up all my ump conversion parts to do the conversion, but do you guys think I should jump on some now when they pop up again or wait a couple more months? I really don't want to get gouged anymore than people are now...

Are we going to see prices level off or increase over the next month or two? Or is it just a gamble either way?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I still haven't picked up all my ump conversion parts to do the conversion, but do you guys think I should jump on some now when they pop up again or wait a couple more months? I really don't want to get gouged anymore than people are now...

Are we going to see prices level off or increase over the next month or two? Or is it just a gamble either way?
I was in the same place as you very recently, and I decided to just go for it and buy a few to hold me over. If and when they go down I'll certainly be in the market for a bunch more, but I'm in no hurry. You have to remember that all said and told this is like a $3000 project. An extra $50 or $100 for a magazine over recent prices isn't really a big hit in the grand scheme.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I could wait it out but ended up paying $160 a month ago. After going to the range a few times and finding out how much of a pain in the ass it was to load 25 rounds of .45. I bought another for $135 today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bet I could make the HK UMP45 Mag Loader. I did injection plastic molds and molding for a high end plastic company several years ago. I haven't seen the Mag loaders for sale in a long time. Price was to crazy high for me ($65) to pick one up. Does anyone have one I might be able to look at and send back to you? I have a grease gun metal loader and a Glock loader. Kinda the same concept. If I had the measurements (Internal and External), I could draft something up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any news on UMP mags? I'm getting sick to my stomach with these newbies posting crap like "I got 20 mags and since I can't post them here, they're on gunbroker" FOR 200 effing dollars!!!!

Eff YOU! I understand there is money to be made, but can you at least give me a reach around and dinner too? I'm not trying to fund your kids college tuition you know.

3x retail is highway robbery. I hope you sit on them for a VERY LONG TIME.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes, it sucks... I can get a stripped ar-15 lower for less than a ump magazine. But that is the cost of having a unique gun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts