HKPRO Forums banner

UMP or USC

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  S5TIIOwner 
#1 ·
Is it really worth it to convert my USC into a 9mm UMP? Or would I have just as much fun making the USC a SBR and throwing a suppressor on it? Also. What should I expect to save money wise to creat this 9mm UMP? This would be my first time doing anything like this. - Thanks.

#2 ·
I am debating the same thing. I estimate $2k, all to get a folding stock and SBR threaded barrel, which also would require at least 6 months. This for what cost initially $850, and that wouldn't be semi auto either. Pretty anti-climactic. It does shoot well, otherwise I'd have serious buyers remorse. I am contemplating taking Dremel to a spare USC stock, grinding off the thumb hole portion. That would be a hell of an improvement. But $3k+ for a 45 that folds? I gotta re-evaluate.

The most ingenious conversion I've seen are the German folding stocks and double stack mags that fit the USC without modification, but I here the quality isn't good. Too bad.

#6 · (Edited)
This is a real dilemma at todays prices. Only 2 years ago I was able to make 2 of these for around $2100-2200 apiece but that was finding good prices at various vendors and it took awhile. None of them have any parts in stock any longer. The guns were $1200, mags $45 and lowers $260. I suppose you could say I have 3 because one is now a 9mm so that was an additional $900. I was fretting about those prices then...

#8 ·
I'm going to speak on the contrary. I just finished mine(minus sbr'ing) and I absolutely love it. All y'all saying not to do it are nuts. Have you shot a USC without that stupid thumb hole stock? This is the way they were meant to be shot.

#10 ·
My form 1 (SBR) is already downrange and I plan to cut and thread it for a suppressor. I'm even thinking of having the "tip" of the 16" barrel (with HK 45 markings) made into a thread protecter. It will be a fun little carbine to shoot. I have contemplated using a dremel on a spare stock to "clean up" the thumb hole portion but thought I saw somewhere (on this board) that it was taboo without all the US and UMP conversion parts. The sbr/suppressor combo will be fine by me.

#12 ·
Ubetit that suppressor looks frickin awesome on the UMP!

OP: for less than what you would pay for an MP5 you can have a weapon which is capable of being changed to 3 different very popular calibers.
I cannot think of a single other firearm which you can change calibers on as easily as the UMP. Or even one which can change to 3 different calibers
in the first place. Really, they are about the same price range as a SCAR or ACR (if you do some of the work yourself!)

#15 ·
I am sticking with my stock USC and just having the barrel threaded for my Tirant 45. Good enough for me!! :100000:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.