HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I was surfing the want to sale thread page today and in one ad a guy mentions that UMP parts used to do to USC to UMP conversions are running out. He stated that UMP stocks are getting rare. Is there any truth to this? I thought these parts were very plentyful. I am planning on eventually doing a UMP conversion but I have too many other projects on my plate now. Do you think it would be a good idea to go ahead and try to buy the parts I need now and just keep them until I get the funds to do the conversion or will there always be plenty of UMP parts out there? Are they still importing UMP parts? Thanks for the help.
-Jason G

·
2,832 Posts
I dont see a lack of UMP parts, sense I bought my stuff the 1st of the year, prices have gone down, no seeing FBI lowers for $200

·
Banned
366 Posts
That was most likely me and yes they starting to run out.

With the new influx of black HK USC's everyones building HK UMP conversions. I had a HELL of a time tracking down some of the parts I needed. I mean, it wasnt that I couldnt find them but normal sources like Gordon Miller etc, were out of some of them.

I ended up having to pay $50+ more for a couple of the parts then normal because all the cheapest sources are running out first.

:(

·
2,832 Posts
really all thats needed is the folder, lower and mags.....right?

but typical HK......parts do run out for awhile then show back up, enough UMP's out there I think parts will be around for quite sometime.

and yes that was you ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's more HK is slow to ship parts over, lots of suppliers have been waiting on parts for a LONG time ;) I've got a running shopping list going :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I cannot tell you with certainty if they are running out or not. However what I can confirm is that pricing with anything HK (for their long guns) is streaky and tends to be pretty volatile. When everyone is waiting for parts they are jacked up and when the resupply order comes in the prices drop quickly. The problem is no one has good information on when the shipments are actually going to arrive, just when they are supposed to arrive.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Gordon Miller and Phil Flack are both out of stocks, seems like lowers and mags are readily available. The stocks are out there but a bit more expensive ($175)
I remember not too long ago there was a shortage of lowers, now they are everywhere.
I think (hope) this will pass as well.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Yeah more will come, its just right now some of the stock is running low and as said above, HK is slow as hell to ship.

The influx of black USC's will help keep the prices high for what are out there too.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Speaking of parts running out... HDPS ran out of there Stock Block's.

Crappy... Maybe I shouldn't be selling my USC/UMP conversion lol.

More coming after he finishes up a couple other little projects though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Speaking of parts running out... HDPS ran out of there Stock Block's.

Crappy... Maybe I shouldn't be selling my USC/UMP conversion lol.

More coming after he finishes up a couple other little projects though.
did he give you a ETA?
im thinkin i want the block that takes his US made folder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts