HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
12,130 Posts
New guy needs to be a bit more specific. A real UMP has a few versions of factory trigger packs available for use. Are you talking about a real UMP or do you want to modify an UMP trigger pack to fit on a USC?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
There are no transferable sear packs for UMP's.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
To elaborate as I'm currently bored laying in bed and can't sleep, the UMP didn't come out til the late 90's. The government disallowed newly manufactured machine guns in 1986. In order for there to be a registered sear or pack for an UMP, it woulda had to be made before 1986. So there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that you cant buy a ump trigger pack unless you are a class 3 dealer with law enforcment demo letter I work at a range and we just got in a full auto ump. What Im trying to find out is if there is another hk pre 86 transferable trigger pack or sear that could be modified to fit in the ump

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Sorry Im talking about a transferable full auto trigger pack that would fit in the ump or on that could be modified to fit in the ump
At Lohe noted, HK transferrable sears will not work in UMP lowers. Even if they did fit, the required modification of a USC upper to allow access to the carrier's fireing pin retaining pin (to release the sear) is prohibited.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had a USC. Got the idea to do the same. Can't be done without FFl and demo letter. U could do a double stack receiver and sbr but that's about it no full auto.

Get a flat and make a mp5 or get a doj94 and convert. Probably best options.
I've currently begun getting ffl and I have some Leo connections now, but that's some major life changes for some.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That 86 law needs repealed, BADLY!!!!
Amen!

But remember, repealing the '86 Hughes Amendment would only allow domestically manufactured machine guns. So with that law repealed, I am fairly certain you would still have to do a USC to UMP conversion, but actually fully convert it to UMP functionality with select fire capability after approved tax stamp. Same with the SL8 to G36 conversions. It's better than what we have now though, it certainly is a start.

What we need to repeal is the 1986 Hughes Amendment in the FOPA in addition to the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968. This law prevents imported machine guns from being registered by private individuals (back before the 1986 FOPA) With both the 1968 and 1986 laws repealed, you can have any domestic and foreign machine gun you can afford with a tax stamp. That's they way it should be.

If only the 1986 Hughes Amendment gets repealed, I believe that foreign machine guns can be demilled and then re-welded back into functioning condition to be considered domestically manufactured. I think some transferable milled AKs out there were done this way.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to repair a demilled G36 or UMP vs converting an SL8 or USC to a select fire version of the latter with tax stamp. Perhaps the gentlemen who do the plastic welding conversions could chime in and put their $0.02 in on the possibility (or difficulty) of creating domestically manufactured G36s and UMPs from demilled kits if that law were to be repealed.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sweersa, if the UMP is properly demilled it would be very difficult to fix the UMP receiver.
It would be MUCH easier to make the USC or the hdps receiver capable of FA fire, with UMP lower parts and/or bolt (edited: IF that were legal AT ALL which it is not.. LOTS of jail time if you do this!)

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
12,130 Posts
sweersa... I'm going to give you a *little* bit of latitude because you are new. With that said... There are NO post 86 machine guns, domestically manufactured or imported, that are available to the civilian population as a transferable machine gun. There is no such thing as *any* registered conversion device that will allow the legal operation of a UMP (or G36) by a civilian. My definition of a civilian, in this case, does not include licensed FFL/SOT's that have acquired a post sample weapon via lawful means.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
sweersa... I'm going to give you a *little* bit of latitude because you are new. With that said... There are NO post 86 machine guns, domestically manufactured or imported, that are available to the civilian population as a transferable machine gun. There is no such thing as *any* registered conversion device that will allow the legal operation of a UMP (or G36) by a civilian. My definition of a civilian, in this case, does not include licensed FFL/SOT's that have acquired a post sample weapon via lawful means.
I understand. I was suggesting methods that would enable civilian ownership of the discussed weapons in the hypothetical event the 1986 Hughes Amendment were to be repealed. I apologize for not being more clear. I was not trying to advocate any unlawful conversions under current law.

I believe it is important for all gun owners to act in full compliance with the law.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts