HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my first time writing in the forum, however I have been a huge fan of all the tips/info provided by members here in the past.

Currently I have a few HKs all in 9mm. Now I'm debating on jumping to 45acp and the more I read on the HK Usp Tactical & Mark23 the more I love them.

Any experience from any in here with these 2 guns or can give me some pointers or advice?? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Just wanted to mention that this is the best forum thus far! Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site--- the USP is more CCW-friendly, while the Mark 23 is more apocalyptic-friendly!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Thanks Tony!!

How bout as far as trigger? I've read the USP has a match trigger but with a bit of take-up (on follow-up shots) comparing it side-side with the Mark23. I don't mind the size of the apocalyptic king jaja

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks Tony!!

How bout as far as trigger? I've read the USP has a match trigger but with a bit of take-up (on follow-up shots) comparing it side-side with the Mark23. I don't mind the size of the apocalyptic king jaja
Lol... The Mark 23 is in fact a monstrous pistol and the reigning HK post apocalyptic 45 king as you say.
I always felt the USPs had nicer triggers than the Mark 23s I shot, but for full disclosure, none were mine... so I dont know for sure if they were all stock trigger set-ups.
However, I ultimately compare all 45 pistol triggers to my Atlas Gun Works 2011s... to which there is no comparison.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Now I'm debating on jumping to 45acp and the more I read on the HK Usp Tactical & Mark23 the more I love them.
I've owned and shot both extensively. I currently don't own either . They are both solid shooters . The only advice you need to get here is where YOU can go shoot BOTH and decide for yourself .

I actually just settled on a USP Tactical in MY favorite caliber at a helluva good price .

You can't wrong either way you go , Good luck !

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Funny there was just a "if you could only own one, USPT or Mark 23...." thread. Maybe go read that one, or shoot them both, or just buy them both.

Shockwave

·
Registered
599 Posts
For my money, it comes down to 'application'. If you have an regular or steady EDC carry (or 3 in diff. cal's. & sizes) to dress around for all occasions, then that is your answer. MARK 23 ALL....DAMN.....DAY ! As AGG so eloquently states, and I completely agree, it IS for the Apocalypse. If it is not gonna be carried, then BUY A 23 and take to the Range as MUCH and OFTEN as you can afford !!!

(I'm SUPER prejudiced toward the K.A.C. can as well......)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol... The Mark 23 is in fact a monstrous pistol and the reigning HK post apocalyptic 45 king as you say.
I always felt the USPs had nicer triggers than the Mark 23s I shot, but for full disclosure, none were mine... so I dont know for sure if they were all stock trigger set-ups.
However, I ultimately compare all 45 pistol triggers to my Atlas Gun Works 2011s... to which there is no comparison.
Gotcha, sure gotta go check them out @ my LGS to see which one shoots the best.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I'm debating on jumping to 45acp and the more I read on the HK Usp Tactical & Mark23 the more I love them.
I've owned and shot both extensively. I currently don't own either . They are both solid shooters . The only advice you need to get here is where YOU can go shoot BOTH and decide for yourself .

I actually just settled on a USP Tactical in MY favorite caliber at a helluva good price .

You can't wrong either way you go , Good luck !

Nice pic! The sights on the USP-T sure look sweet and the configuration of it defines perfection!
Thanks sir..jajaj i was just thinking about that " you can't go wrong either way" thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny there was just a "if you could only own one, USPT or Mark 23...." thread. Maybe go read that one, or shoot them both, or just buy them both.

Shockwave
I'll look it sir, thanks for the tip!

P.s. I think with some time thats the best way to compare them: owning both of them.. lol working towards that without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For my money, it comes down to 'application'. If you have an regular or steady EDC carry (or 3 in diff. cal's. & sizes) to dress around for all occasions, then that is your answer. MARK 23 ALL....DAMN.....DAY ! As AGG so eloquently states, and I completely agree, it IS for the Apocalypse. If it is not gonna be carried, then BUY A 23 and take to the Range as MUCH and OFTEN as you can afford !!!

(I'm SUPER prejudiced toward the K.A.C. can as well......)
I'm with you here buddy.. MARK23 is the winner! You might laugh at this but just bought a some spare parts at a good deal for the Mk23 in order for me to place it before the USP-T.
Jajaja appreciate the words of encouragement boss!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tend to stick with 9mm just cuz it's much cheaper to shot.
That was exactly my reasoning behind my 3 HKs but looking at some of the specs from these two shooters their configuration and proved testament of performance I just can't seem to find it in the other HK 9mm cal. setups.

I'm sure I will keep shooting my 9mm's on all range sessions;)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm partial to the MARK 23 (never shot a USP Tactical). But as others have already said, see if you can't try both and then you'll be in a better position to make your decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts