HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those magazine floor plates endowed with pinkie extensions serve not only to give a purchase for the pinkie finger for one's weak hand grip, but can also contribute significantly to reducing the muzzle flip. Using an aggressive style of weak hand grip can allow one to put pressure against the extension and the bottom of the grip just above the extension in a manner that can counter some of the amplitude of muzzle flip. The 10-rd elephant foot mags for the .45 c models offer the greatest such advantage. Other mags with extended floor plates allow one a lesser degree of same, even the HK45 mag.
The least such is the P30 mag, which has no extension, the grip having a very slight forward turn that I find not useful for bottom-of-the-grip pressure.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That depends on the hand's size and frame size. Assuming one is getting high support hand position, most people's hand won't extend that far down to exert pressure on mag extensions on full sized guns. However, what you are speaking of is the reason why I don't change base plates from stock to flat on my 2000sk.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love pinky extentions on my pocket pistols like my Sig P238 and my Kimber Micro Carry, but I don't need one or want one on my P30S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts