1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Probably a suppressor permanently attached to the barrel and then the wrapping's to cover up how it was attached. Unless it's an integrated suppressor.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
It looks like a Hard Times Armory conversion, I think this was before a method for reproducing factory suppressors was around, they are the UGLIEST conversions IMO...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
It looks like a Hard Times Armory conversion, I think this was before a method for reproducing factory suppressors was around, they are the UGLIEST conversions IMO...
+1

We're these all full auto as well?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
That is pretty fugly looking indeed. When I was doing my mp5 shopping earlier this year I had noticed a few Hard Times conversions for sale & they seemed to have sat around for quite some time vs the other builders out there. Not sure if they were a good builder or not...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, looks like integral suppressor. My guess would be ported barrel all the way with copper mesh (chore girl) filler between barrel and tube wall. Have a similar set up for an M16 9mm upper - pretty old school but gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Had one in the early 90s and while it ran fine it was coyote ugly like that one. Most were registered
Receiver shelf guns if memory is correct

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
It looks like it has radiator hose over the suppressor.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
It looks like it has radiator hose over the suppressor.
That's exactually what it was. I had one. Those HTA SD conversions were like a plump horney girl. Not much to look at, but if you played with them, they wouldn't quit.

Those suppressors were permanently attached to the gun (thus, at the time, ATF allowed just one tax stamp for the gun) and used neoprene (like?) replaceable wipes.

PS. That gun is about $5k-$6k over priced.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It's got a registered receiver... or are you saying that the host is worthless and the value is only in the RR? :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
It's got a registered receiver... or are you saying that the host is worthless and the value is only in the RR? :biggrin:
I had one, and had it rebuilt by RDTS. After Ralph was done with it, it was beautiful. Then years later (although near mint condition) I decided to sell it to raise money for a 21E. There was just too much money tied up in a registered receiver, clip-on gun, considering I owned four sears and could take part of the money to build a host SD on a DOJ 94. I sold it for $15.5k, buyer paid all the taxes. Deduct from the $15.5k the fact that it had about $2k worth of RDTS work and some additional parts, that's how I figure the stock HTA gun, as-is, is worth about $13.5k, maybe.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Range in Knoxville Tn had one you could rent years ago, thought the thing was strange as hell. Priced to sell at 8500.00 if my memory is correct, would have bought it but I was poor then.

david

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hell, when you start talking about a firearm that's as expensive as a decently-optioned brand new car, it will always be too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So basically the suppressor body is welded or attached to the frame as to no be removed and doubles as a hand guard? Quirky. That isn't a sealed can then? I'm guessing you can remove the end for cleaning? Youd have to be able to get to the ports somehow, right?

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
ya, but in 5 years that car is worth about half what you gave for it.
One of the best recommendations I can make for the younger set, distinguish between depreciating assets and appreciating assets, and focus your spending accordingly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had one as well, but it was a push-pin gun.

I had one, and had it rebuilt by RDTS. After Ralph was done with it, it was beautiful. Then years later (although near mint condition) I decided to sell it to raise money for a 21E. There was just too much money tied up in a registered receiver, clip-on gun, considering I owned four sears and could take part of the money to build a host SD on a DOJ 94. I sold it for $15.5k, buyer paid all the taxes. Deduct from the $15.5k the fact that it had about $2k worth of RDTS work and some additional parts, that's how I figure the stock HTA gun, as-is, is worth about $13.5k, maybe.
I also had Ralph rebuild the the gun with his shroud and suppressor. It was my first NFA "project". I sold it for the same reason you did; too much money in a RR gun. No regrets though. I had a great time with it and still made a couple bucks when I sold it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts