HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted to convert a V1 HK45 to the light LEM using the "universal" LEM kit would I use the the shorter of the 2 hammer springs?

Each LEM kit includes all of the parts necessary for the light LEM 4.5-5lb trigger pull. As well as the heavy LEM 7.5-8lb trigger pull. Each kit comes complete in new factory packaging & is factory fresh production direct from HK Germany.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
No, you keep the original HS in your V1 HK45. Also keep the original TRS.
Btw, the shorter HS is the one for HK45C

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK, that is what I understood when I read the LEM sticky in the reference section, but I was not sure if it applied to the universal kit.

Ok, so lets throw this idea out there, The V1 specs are: SA 4.5 lbs and DA 11.46 So the Light LEM only refers to the pull in SA operation as noted in the manual. So if the gun is unloaded and I rack the slide the first pull is SA 4.5 lbs. and the next will still be DA 11.46 lbs.

NOTE: The LEM system will ALWAYS be activated by the slide passing over
the hammer. The only time the traditional DAO system is activated is when
the slide does not recoil out of battery. Examples of such a situation include
a weak primer strike and/or failure for the cartridge to ignite.
Now, since the HK45C hammer spring is the same as the USP full size "Match" hammer spring, could it be used to lighten the DA pull in the HK45?

HK USP 9mm, 40 & .45 Compact & Full Size Match Hammer Spring

Fits all:
•USP Compact 9mm
•USP Compact .40
•USP Compact .45
•HK45 Compact
Also known as the Match Hammer Spring For Full Size USP's
•Genuine Heckler & Koch part.
I did install the LEM trigger in my HK45 with the V1 springs. I then installed the shorter HK45C spring to see how it felt. The HK45C hammer spring in the HK45 felt like the SA trigger pull even in the DA mode! Would this be comparable to a match trigger pull in the USP full size?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
No, first pull or subsequent pull in Light LEM is between 4.5 to 5.5 lbs.
The hammer spring in HK45C is NOT the same as the Match hammer spring (which is the same as the HS in USP compacts). The hammer spring in the HK45 is. I think the description on HKParts is incorrect.

ETA: The hammer spring in the HK45C is 234479. The Match HS is 215694, same for USP Compacts, and HK45.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, first pull or subsequent pull in Light LEM is between 4.5 to 5.5 lbs.
Will it still go back to 11.46 lbs if the follwing occurs:
NOTE: The LEM system will ALWAYS be activated by the slide passing over
the hammer. The only time the traditional DAO system is activated is when
the slide does not recoil out of battery.
Examples of such a situation include
a weak primer strike and/or failure for the cartridge to ignite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts