HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, there have been a number of people here in France selling their "Enfield" MP5s (transformed to semi-auto), but so far none of them have any Enfield markings (neither EN or En, and no British proof marks). From my research in the past (done a few years ago) it seems that many, if not most, if not all, unmarked "Enfield" MP5s are actually Chinese in origin. It appears that all of these unmarked "Enfield" MP5 were sold by gun stores in Luxembourg and all seem to have circles on the pistol grip that are blank, but resemble the circle on Norinco MP5s.

Does anyone have any information on verified Enfield MP5 that have no markings? Is it even possible that guns made by Enfield could be sold without a British proof mark on them?

If anyone has any information, I would be grateful.

·
Banned
34,575 Posts
The following are the only Enfields that I have seen: :biggrin:

03438 and 03817 (left/right receivers- no markings; top receiver- EN MP5 Kal. 9mmx19 serial number 4/72);
YU 00177 (left/right receivers- no markings; top receiver- EN MP5 Kal. 9mmx19 serial number HH(?));
YU 03456, YU 03586, and YU03967 (these were in Switzerland)(unknown markings).

If not properly marked and proofed, stay away. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Have you ever heard of Luxembourg Defense Technologie?
I would imagine if it was one of theirs it would be marked as such.

LDT HSG-94: made by Luxembourg Defence Technology, semi-auto copy of the MP5.

LuxDefTec S.A.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Tony. I am staying away. Just trying to help out some others here in France.

Yes, 21HK, I'm familiar with LuxDefTec. I had a chance just last week to hold a used HSG-94K in my hands. I was not favorably impressed. But at least they do mark their guns.

Here's a link to a shop in Luxembourg that claims to be selling a semi-auto Heckler & Koch MP5 for 1990.00 euros (about $2200.00). I contacted them about this a year ago, asking for photos of the HK markings and was told it had no markings. But it does have the circle on the pistol grip and another circle and rectangle above the trigger that are identical to a Norinco (except these circles are blank).

Some people act like "Heckler & Koch" is part of the model designation rather than the name of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Looks as though it has a parkerized finish and the 4 position lower housing, just like how the Norinco NR08 was represented when they first came out.
I'd be curious, and of course they don't show it, what markings are on top of the receiver.
Being that you talked to them almost a year ago I guess there hasn't been too much interest in it, they still have it.

As far as the mold markings on the lower, could possibly be they got scrubbed to rid them of the "Made in China" in hopes that someone thinks they're actually buying a real HK.
....or, did they get scrubbed prior to entering the EU?

We don't/can't import anything from Norinco here, that ceased back in the 90's.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're not supposed to be able to import Norinco into France any more either. Maybe that's why they are not identifying it as such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts