HKPRO Forums banner

Unmarked safety lever?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ITD1944 
#1 ·
Thinking of changing from v1 to v3 on my HK45ct. Are unmarked safety selector levers available out there? Thanks.

#2 ·
I can't remember ever seeing one. If not, you can always black out the letters with a bit of model paint. The levers are identical other than the letters so function won't be affected either way.

#3 ·
They were available for the USP model, but I don't think one has been made for the HK45/C. I'm not sure if there's cross-compatability between the USPC and HK45C control levers either.

As Brownie states, at least on the USP lever, there is no difference functionally.

#4 ·
I'm not sure if there's cross-compatability between the USPC and HK45C control levers either.
They are and that's another option that I didn't even think of. If I was the OP though, I'd save the 50 bucks or whatever it is for a new lever and just change the plate.

#6 ·
I don't know if it's the case with the photo you referenced for the USP lever on the left, but on some of the HKParts lever photos, they're actually showing a right side (V4) lever upside down.

I don't know myself if the HK45c and USPc levers have the same slots for the internals, although Brownie indicates they do, but I've assumed levers have been different in the past when they weren't, when going off of the HKParts photos. (Specifically the V1 and V3 levers.) Again, if you look at the photos for the V1 and V3 levers, they look different, but actually aren't...it's a V4 upside down.

Compact photos from HKParts
V1

V2

V3 (Actually a V4 upside down)

V4

Now notice the Full size lever photos, showing the levers correctly:
V1

V3

#8 ·
I am saying the shape of the lever is different. The levers for HK45/HK45C are more rounded at the base where the axle is attached. Plus they have serrations on the top of the lever.

And this is not going by any pictures off of HKParts. This is coming from a guy who owns both guns and many variations of them.

#11 ·
^ Ah ok TooSixy. I thought you may have been referring to the axle itself. The levers themselves are of course shaped differently. I had just posted that for clarity's sake, as I had mistakenly assumed at one point that one had to switch out the V1 for the V3 lever as well, when changing out the detent variant.

And Brownie, definitely a USP lever on that HK45, possibly the Compact lever. Good to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.