HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my name is Matt , I just ordered my fist hand gun, The HK P30L. I have shot many guns over the years and fell in love with the P30. With that being said, I would like to get any info or imput on anything I should/need to know about this gun (I know that you have to point it forward, lol) Also if anyone has a preference for self defence ammo ( Brand, weight, etc.) and what night sights you guys would suggest. Thanks in advance . -Matt-

·
Registered
50 Posts
Matt, I recently purchased a P30 and P2000sk. The one thing very noticeable to me right off the bat was the p2000sk came with night sights and they are much better than the stock sights on the P30. If there's a range or store near you where you can see some optional sights you may want to look at those but the P30 is a great handgun as is too.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Matt, I recently purchased a P30 and P2000sk. The one thing very noticeable to me right off the bat was the p2000sk came with night sights and they are much better than the stock sights on the P30. If there's a range or store near you where you can see some optional sights you may want to look at those but the P30 is a great handgun as is too.
P2000SK does not come with factory night sights as standard option. It must have been an add-on option or special-ordered version.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2000sk is the LEM version and the sights are very different than the P30. Maybe they are not true night sights. Hey, I'm a noob. :440:

·
Registered
106 Posts
If its a 9, be prepared for the P30L to want some hot ammo for the first few hundred rounds. Doesn't seem to be every pistol but happens often enough. If it stovepipes on you out of the box with 115gr don't fret; feed it some 124 or 147 for 200 rounds or so before going back to the 115. For more info throw P30L stovepipe into the search box.

-424D57

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys my name is Matt , I just ordered my fist hand gun, The HK P30L. I have shot many guns over the years and fell in love with the P30. With that being said, I would like to get any info or imput on anything I should/need to know about this gun (I know that you have to point it forward, lol) Also if anyone has a preference for self defence ammo ( Brand, weight, etc.) and what night sights you guys would suggest. Thanks in advance . -Matt-
For carry ammo I use Federal HST in my 9mm and .45's. Other good ammo would be Gold Dots, Winchester Rangers, Hornady TAP, Hornady Critical Defense.

For night sights I've always liked the Meprolight Tru-Dot sights. These are what HK uses on their guns that come from the factory with night sights. Trijicon night sights are also good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For night sights I've always liked the Meprolight Tru-Dot sights. These are what HK uses on their guns that come from the factory with night sights. Trijicon night sights are also good.
My SK has the Tru-Dots as well. They are infinitely better than the standard P30 sights and I love the LEM trigger on my SK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry so long for a update. But gun was delayed getting in (HK does not ship very fast). Then wife and I had our first baby last week. So made it to the range last sat. I first cleaned this gun top to bottom. Removed all the clear greese they pack in the slide. Oiled all the correct points (and then some). I first shot about 75 rounds of Fed 115 fmj, No stove pipes/ FTF at all. The brass was ejecting ok. Some stright up , others way out to the side. Then shot about 25 rounds of Fed HST 124 grain, About 25 rds of Win. ranger talon 147 grain, and about 15 rds of Win. ranger talon 124 +p and still no problems at all. I must say that i have shot many guns over the past 18 years and this is by far the most fun to shoot all around. As for my chioce is self defence ammo, I think im going to stick with the Fed. HST 124gr. It feels great, the specs from testing i have read look great and If I ever need to use it for self defence , im sure that it will do the job. Its a little hard to find, but i will only keep a couple boxes on hand anyway. I am looking into night sights now. Im def leaning toward the Trij. night sights. but im still not sure if I wil go with the standard green sights or go with the yellow rear sights. (Any thoughts from anyone who has used them) The orange is out , just becuase of the 5 year warranty. I want the 12 year warranty for that kind of money. And for anyone who cares or plans on asking, we had a little baby girl. (so alot more guns to come). :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts