Added threaded barrel
AAC thread protector
Heinie raised sights
5 10rd elephant foot mag
3 8rd mags with finger extension
2 8rd flat base plate mags
Raven Concealment Holster
2 Raven Concealment mag carriers

Hey guys just wanted to update everyone on my first HK the 45C. I've had it for about 6.5 months now and have about 1800rds through it. The only ammunition I use is Federal 230gr American Eagle for FMJ range ammo which I have 1300rds through, and Federal HST +P for hollow points for defense with about 500rds ran through the gun. So far the gun has been flawless with no major problems other than the slide not locking back on the last round a few times which isnt a huge deal. I clean the gun every time to every other time I get back from the range using the HK cleaning kit with Militic lube and grease.

I also recently got my Raven Concealment holster and mag carriers after the long wait. I havent gotten to carry it as much as Id like but when I do carry it, it rides comfortably in the RC holster and Ares Ranger belt. I am a smaller guy and Ive figured out that it is much more comfortable for me to only carry one extra mag so I have a flat 8rd mag with 1 in the chamber carrying cocked and locked in single action with one 10 round elephant foot mag in the mag holster. I carry it OWB right now but would like to get a couple soft loops from RC to carry it IWB in the summer for better concealment under just a tee.

Overall I couldnt be happier with my first HK as well as my first handgun. The reliabilty is on par with HKs reputation, and the gun is far more accurate than I am. I wish I could afford to put way more rds through the gun than I have. Hopefully down the road Ill also be able to get an AAC TiRant 45 for my 45C. As well as a tan 45C from the group buy, so I can keep one in my home for defense and the other in my vehicle. Thanks for looking and thanks for being a helpful and informative forum Ive learned quite a bit here.

HK and Striders

HK Cleaning Kit with Militec Lube

Holster

Concealed under a light fleece

45C in action range shot with iPhone

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am still waiting on my HK45C.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Not bad but some of your mags are loaded wrong :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very nice looking HK45c, congrats!

·
Registered
866 Posts
This was my Hk45C Tactical (Clone, prior to the factory CT). I had to sell it for financial reasons last year.

·
Registered
159 Posts
OP - You have virtually described my preferred carry setup - HK45cT w/ Raven CC holster made for the FS HK45 (the nose releif for the threaded barrel is perfect).

If you want a free set of Raven IWB loops for your holster just PM me your addy - I have no need as I carry OWB - they are used but prefectly functional.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sir,

Very nice setup for sure, my duty rig is a HK45c with Heinie straight eights on it. By the way very nice Strider collection as well. My current carry blade for the last 3 years is a Strider PT. **** and Dwayne make great blades for sure.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Looks awesome! Great job. Thanks for sharing your pictures budd

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This was my Hk45C Tactical (Clone, prior to the factory CT). I had to sell it for financial reasons last year.

Your gun is what I was going for. I remember this pic and a couple others of your 45C were what got me to set my gun up the way I did. Sorry to hear you had to sell it.

Thanks everybody I really appreciate the positive feed back.

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
HK45C
Added threaded barrel
AAC thread protector
Heinie raised sights
5 10rd elephant foot mag
3 8rd mags with finger extension
2 8rd flat base plate mags
Raven Concealment Holster
2 Raven Concealment mag carriers

Hey guys just wanted to update everyone on my first HK the 45C. I've had it for about 6.5 months now and have about 1800rds through it. The only ammunition I use is Federal 230gr American Eagle for FMJ range ammo which I have 1300rds through, and Federal HST +P for hollow points for defense with about 500rds ran through the gun. So far the gun has been flawless with no major problems other than the slide not locking back on the last round a few times which isnt a huge deal. I clean the gun every time to every other time I get back from the range using the HK cleaning kit with Militic lube and grease.

I also recently got my Raven Concealment holster and mag carriers after the long wait. I havent gotten to carry it as much as Id like but when I do carry it, it rides comfortably in the RC holster and Ares Ranger belt. I am a smaller guy and Ive figured out that it is much more comfortable for me to only carry one extra mag so I have a flat 8rd mag with 1 in the chamber carrying cocked and locked in single action with one 10 round elephant foot mag in the mag holster. I carry it OWB right now but would like to get a couple soft loops from RC to carry it IWB in the summer for better concealment under just a tee.

Overall I couldnt be happier with my first HK as well as my first handgun. The reliabilty is on par with HKs reputation, and the gun is far more accurate than I am. I wish I could afford to put way more rds through the gun than I have. Hopefully down the road Ill also be able to get an AAC TiRant 45 for my 45C. As well as a tan 45C from the group buy, so I can keep one in my home for defense and the other in my vehicle. Thanks for looking and thanks for being a helpful and informative forum Ive learned quite a bit here.

HK and Striders

HK Cleaning Kit with Militec Lube

Holster

Concealed under a light fleece

45C in action range shot with iPhone
Badass setup.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts