HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going everyone?

I was thinking about upgrading my USPF 45 into a USP Match. Initially I would like to get the match trigger package first, before I get the barrel and weight.

I had a couple questions I wanted to know before I take my frist step.

1) Has anyone who has upgraded their USP had trouble with the match triggers? Just wondering if it would compromise the USP's reliability.

2) Does the match trigger make that much of a difference than the standard trigger? Quite honestly I did not like the standard trigger pull at first, but have grown rather fond of it now.

Any other input and opinions regarding a standard USP upgrading to Match USP information would greatly be appreciated.

Much regards,

NL1080

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Hows it going everyone?

I was thinking about upgrading my USPF 45 into a USP Match. Initially I would like to get the match trigger package first, before I get the barrel and weight.

I had a couple questions I wanted to know before I take my frist step.

1) Has anyone who has upgraded their USP had trouble with the match triggers? Just wondering if it would compromise the USP's reliability.
Not when they are installed by HK. The match trigger comes on the Tactical and that is a no-nonsense combat pistol. When the match trigger is set up correctly it does not easily come out of adjustment (trigger OT screw is the only part that can mess up) and gives you about the best trigger you can get on a USP without a custom trigger job and still retain SA/DA function.
2) Does the match trigger make that much of a difference than the standard trigger? Quite honestly I did not like the standard trigger pull at first, but have grown rather fond of it now.
IMO yes. If you now like the standard trigger you will freaking LOVE the match trigger. Try out a Tactical, Expert, or Elite because they all have the match trigger as standard.
Any other input and opinions regarding a standard USP upgrading to Match USP information would greatly be appreciated.

Much regards,

NL1080
Think VERY hard before doing it. I turned my Tactical into a Poor Boy's Match and after spending $200 or so for the weights and another $30 for the barrel extension, the balance of the pistol was so ruined with that 3/4 pound hunk of steel hanging off the end of it that I took the weights off and have never used them again (no, not for sale). Unless you are getting into timed bullseye shooting the match pistol serves no purpose IMO and cannot do anything that the Expert, Elite, or Tactical can't also do and do just as accurately. For timed bullseye shooting then the 3/4 pound weight hanging off the barrel really keeps the sights on target but for any other use than that, the Match conversion is a waste of money. Not to mention that if you do the conversion holsters are hard to find and all that weight makes drawing your pistol quickly damned near impossible so for any kind of CCW, duty, or IPSC shooting the weights are a severe detriment. That is why HK DCed them from importation, they had one purpose only and most people could not have cared less about bullseye shooting. HK could not give them away until 6 months after they dropped them from US sales and the Tomb Raider movies came out. Then guns that set on shelves for over a year at $1,000 suddenly went flying off the shelves at twice that amount. Good grief, a used stainless Match just sold on these boards for $2300, about $1,000 more than what they sold for when new. And I have heard of them going for as much as $3,000, all because some chick waved the pistol around on the big screen.
If you still must do the match, I would advise not trying to find and get the HK barrel. IF you can find one it will set you back about $400 and for half that you can get a Jarvis barrel that is every bit as accurate and reliable, and as a bonus you can shoot cast bullets since the Jarvis uses conventional land and groove rifling.

Poor Boy's Match.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had no actual troubles installing the trigger itself. The one thing you will need to make sure of first is whether or not you have the 2 piece catch. Without it you can still install the trigger and springs but you will not be able to use the hammer or sear which has been polished.

Aside from that with just the trigger and springs in my pistol I can definitely see an improvement in my shooting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow thanks for such detailed responses Big Bore and Reo.

"Poor boy's match" pictures are great, its fascinating to see the tactical model transform into the match model. Great pictures man...

Right now Im defenitely convinced on getting the match trigger package, and I'll send it to HK for the installation. As for a full upgrade to a match style pistol-- I think I could hold off, perhaps the money may be better used on a new HK45c.

btw, Big Bore, you mentioned that the OT trigger screw could get messed up, if it does, can the gun still function without it? and how easy is it to repair-- is it something that a normal joe can fix-- or would it have to be sent back to HK?

Again thanks for the responses everyone-- any other input and opinions would be valued as well.

much regards

NL1080

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I think with the overtravel screw he was just reffering to it backing out. It is a screw, nothing more, it can back out. Just tighten it back and you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts