HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new UPLula magazine loader. Loaded 2 mags using it with Blazer Brass - both mags had FTF's on LAST round (first round loaded w/UPLula). The round would seat into the chamber about 1/2 way on both failures.

This USPF .45 has NEVER had ANY failures of any kind...feeding OR extracting, BEFORE or AFTER the Cobra Chrome (Until today). Seems the first round loaded by the UPLula isnt being indexed properly.

All 350 rounds loaded by hand today ran flawlessly, I did index all mags, even the ones loaded with the UPLula loader when the mags are full by pressing the top round down a way a couple times before inserting the mag. (10 round factory HK practice mags)

*Sighs*

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just cant get my head around how the mag loader would be causing this problem. I have loaded 1000's of rounds with mine and never a single issue.

Best money besides my Dillon 650 I ever spent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Might I make a suggestion to you, Kost? Try giving each loaded mag a smack or two against the palm of your hand prior to charging the weapon. This simple action ensures proper seating of the rounds inside of the mag. You also may not be fully inserting that initial round squarely into the mag (easy to do when using a mag loader, coupled with the very light initial spring pressure), make sure you push that first round all the way into the mag (i.e., squarely against the wall of the mag body) before moving on to the next round.

Even when using my UpLuLa (which I love, by the way), I still default to "smacking" my mags before loading up...old habits die hard, I guess!:cool:

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I will try that

·
Registered
45 Posts
and only because I was this stupid... (so don't think I'm being insulting!) are you holding it right?

I had it backwards for two full shooting sessions! So about 600 rounds later I figured it out. DUH.

Basically, the proper hold of the lula is like a gun, the trigger goes forward so you are loading the bullets with copper away from you and downrange. I had it backwards with the bullet facing me. It worked, but it didn't push down right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got an UPLULA too. The instructions say to point the bullets and the pivoting part of the loader towards you.

It's great! However, I also had two mag failures (which seem exactly as the original poster described) last match I shot. I'm pretty sure one was just really dirty, but I'm keeping an eye out on my UPLULA-loaded mags for a while...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Might I make a suggestion to you, Kost? Try giving each loaded mag a smack or two against the palm of your hand prior to charging the weapon. This simple action ensures proper seating of the rounds inside of the mag. You also may not be fully inserting that initial round squarely into the mag (easy to do when using a mag loader, coupled with the very light initial spring pressure), make sure you push that first round all the way into the mag (i.e., squarely against the wall of the mag body) before moving on to the next round.

Even when using my UpLuLa (which I love, by the way), I still default to "smacking" my mags before loading up...old habits die hard, I guess!:cool:
+1... word for word and no other reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts