HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW SHIPPING: US made 10mm MP5 barrels

EDIT: Barrels are in. Just got some MM 10mm barrels. SUPER nice. I'll be using these barrels in the upcomming batch of D54P/40's that people are wanting setup as 10mm. Even if you're not planning on getting one of my builds, I encourage you to contact Mike and get one of these barrels since there are no other exceptional quality 10mm barrels currently available.

Here's the details:

- Nitrided 4140
- 1:16 twist
- 14x.75 RH thread pitch
- Correct undercut length thread protector
- 16 flute chamber
- Correct lower AND upper feed assist ramps in chamber face
- Extractor relief in chamber face

I hope to get it in my test gun this evening and out to the range early next week for testing. In the mean time here are some photos...

(click to enlarge)

mm10bbl_01.jpg mm10bbl_02.jpg mm10bbl_03.jpg mm10bbl_04.jpg mm10bbl_05.jpg mm10bbl_06.jpg mm10bbl_07.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
You have one 10mm sold right here.
With 9mm RCM barrels priced at $159 MSRP, I would gladly pay twice that to buy a quality 10mm barrel.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I also need a 10mm barrel. I currently have a SW/Vector/Coharie 10mm barrel and the chamber is too wide and too shallow.... in other words, it's junk. Ghillie mentioned something about this to me a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd be in for 1 may be 2 also.

·
Registered
765 Posts
What about finding a machinist to rechamber a .40 barrel? Certainly pricey (initial cost of .40 barrel plus tooling time for the rechambering), but it would think you could get someone into it without the "minimum order" requirements. maybe it's just me going off of my experience with rifles, but those are done all the time.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What about finding a machinist to rechamber a .40 barrel?
Cutting the chamber to 10mm length is not the problem, extending the flutes is. No one seems to be willing (or able) to perform this flute cutting work.
I have a German 40 S&W barrel that I'd rechamber in an instant if I could have the flutes done too.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about finding a machinist to rechamber a .40 barrel? Certainly pricey (initial cost of .40 barrel plus tooling time for the rechambering), but it would think you could get someone into it without the "minimum order" requirements. maybe it's just me going off of my experience with rifles, but those are done all the time.
Cutting the chamber to 10mm length is not the problem, extending the flutes is. No one seems to be willing (or able) to perform this flute cutting work.
I have a German 40 S&W barrel that I'd rechamber in an instant if I could have the flutes done too.
Bunch of potential issues with rechambering existing barrels. Clicker hit on the main one. From what I've been told by several shops is that trying to index precisely to the existing flues is going to cost some setup dollars (for each barrel). Remember that when rechambering for 10mm, you are reaming the chamber deeper, not larger in diameter. As such, the wall flutes will be intact and must be indexed to in order to cut the new throat flutes.

Another issue is the barrel itself. The barrel will have to be removed and to "propery" reinstall the barrel into the trunion, you'll need to rotate it 1/3. This will present you with two issues... the new index will need the feed assist ramp cut as well as the extractor relief cut in the chamber face. It is however, possible to reinstall the same barrel back into the same trunion while preserving the original index. While not recommended, it can be done.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Ughhhh every time i think i'm one step closer, i get a swift kick in the ___s. Hopefully MM does them.

Anyone want to buy a .40/10mm kit? :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts