HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to begin work on another 33 build. The last one I built used a Malaysian barrel with a US-made pinned FH and an A2 stock. Total length came out to just over 31". The next one I plan on building I want to use an A3 stock. I live in California and minimum length is 30" as opposed to the 26" that most of you guys are used to. So I'll probably go with a US-made 16.1" barrel with a IGF 4" 4-prong FH and an A3 stock to get over the 30". My question is...I'd rather not spend $400+ for a German A3 stock....does anyone have any experience with the US-made A3 stocks that Adam and BMP are selling? How is the fit finish on these? I vaguely remember Gordon was going to be selling some as well at $150? What ever happened with that?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hey guys, looking to begin work on another 33 build. The last one I built used a Malaysian barrel with a US-made pinned FH and an A2 stock. Total length came out to just over 31". The next one I plan on building I want to use an A3 stock. I live in California and minimum length is 30" as opposed to the 26" that most of you guys are used to. So I'll probably go with a US-made 16.1" barrel with a IGF 4" 4-prong FH and an A3 stock to get over the 30". My question is...I'd rather not spend $400+ for a German A3 stock....does anyone have any experience with the US-made A3 stocks that Adam and BMP are selling? How is the fit finish on these? I vaguely remember Gordon was going to be selling some as well at $150? What ever happened with that?
I don't have any experience with them but TB was selling blemish stocks for 150.00 GB . I don't know if he still is but you might want to check.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i got one of the early blem 223 a3 stocks from tb. fit/finish was exc for a while. now you have to really jack with the lever for a while before it works to allow the stock to close. but when the lever works, its verrry nice..not sure bout the non blem ones.
Jeremy

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeremy, thanks for the info. Any chance you could measure the rifle for me with the stock in the collapsed position. From the longest tip of the stock to the very end of the FH?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Ghillie told me to avoid the US made stocks as they are not HK quality. He says you get what you pay for with these

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ghillie told me to avoid the US made stocks as they are not HK quality. He says you get what you pay for with these
Jeff's disdain for anything produced by TB is well known and documented. With that said, I'm not spending $450 for a stock that costs more than the entire parts kit that the stock is going to be fit on. I want something cheap so I can get the A3 look, blast a few rounds through the gun, and then sell it. Adam is selling these for $230 which is still a tad beyond my price range for a TB-made part.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Coharie A3 that's like new (the one in my avatar). I had problems with the lever on the first one, sent it back and the new one works like butter. Fits the SW receiver fine and doesn't have much play deployed. I prefer to shoot with the standard A2 fixed stock so if your interested, pm me and maybe we can work something out if you don't find something else you want (I can email you any pictures you need).If I'm not mistaken, Coharie had these listed as MP5 stocks that will also fit the 33/93, it's just short of the trunion area colapsed. Locks tight front and back, release lever works easily. I've got a lot of 40+ gun parts I plan on listing on one of the AK boards that's pretty much my home base next week. I've got the stock and a few HK items I can list here after I check the boards sale rules. If what I have posted is considered solicitation by the mods, delete.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Coharie A3 that's like new (the one in my avatar). I had problems with the lever on the first one, sent it back and the new one works like butter. Fits the SW receiver fine and doesn't have much play deployed. I prefer to shoot with the standard A2 fixed stock so if your interested, pm me and maybe we can work something out if you don't find something else you want (I can email you any pictures you need).If I'm not mistaken, Coharie had these listed as MP5 stocks that will also fit the 33/93, it's just short of the trunion area colapsed. Locks tight front and back, release lever works easily. I've got a lot of 40+ gun parts I plan on listing on one of the AK boards that's pretty much my home base next week. I've got the stock and a few HK items I can list here after I check the boards sale rules. If what I have posted is considered solicitation by the mods, delete.
PM sent.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Jeff's disdain for anything produced by TB is well known and documented. With that said, I'm not spending $450 for a stock that costs more than the entire parts kit that the stock is going to be fit on. I want something cheap so I can get the A3 look, blast a few rounds through the gun, and then sell it. Adam is selling these for $230 which is still a tad beyond my price range for a TB-made part.
He explained to me that they have fit issues and he has seen several of them break or bend.. that is enough for me to pay a a bit more for maybe a good used HK A3. It's a real shame that Americans can't any longer make a good clone of something so simple

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts