HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
It is sad to see a good German firearm company HK to have their guns made in the US. This I believe deminishes the value of HK. If I wanted a American gun I would buy a S&W however I pay for the price of a German made gun. Again think of all the problems with the M&P, They have to offer a rebate and Mags in order to sell it. Hopefully HK will stay true to the Fatherland and maintain the tradition that dates back to the early 1900s.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It is sad to see a good German firearm company HK to have their guns made in the US. This I believe deminishes the value of HK. If I wanted a American gun I would buy a S&W however I pay for the price of a German made gun. Again think of all the problems with the M&P, They have to offer a rebate and Mags in order to sell it. Hopefully HK will stay true to the Fatherland and maintain the tradition that dates back to the early 1900s.
WHAT are you talking about? The € is worth $1.50. It makes NO sense to manufacture there and import here. They have to either license their product or manufacture here anyway and they purchased plant space for that very purpose. They'll either come here or fail.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
When BMW and Mercedes are here, and Porsche builds in Finland, you know it is time for H&K to move. Germany is just too expensive a place to do business.

·
Registered
569 Posts
They need to start building the HK416 over here asap. As long as quality holds I could care less anymore about it being build in Germany...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They need to start building the HK416 over here asap. As long as quality holds I could care less anymore about it being build in Germany...
Hopefully, but i wont hold my breath for it... most likely will be early 2009 before we see them being US made.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The barrels are to be made in Germany as Polygomal and shiped over here as blanks then finished by Wilcox.
Thanks for the info! So, the American-guns' barrels will also be polygonally-rifled? That's too bad. Was hoping for a low-cost option for lead bullets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not just the price of the Euro vs. dollar, either. It's NAFTA & GATT. GATT is going to hurt the old-line, traditional German manufacturers harder than it is hitting the US. It is pretty much world-wide communism, when you think about it. No longer is anyone worried about paying a little extra for nicer things or higher quality. Now, it's just a hope that we can afford it at whatever price we can get it at... If the dollar was 50% over the Euro, Germany would be OK, because we could easily afford to pay the German skilled tradesmen who make our HKs the traditional German skilled-worker's wage. This combination of GATT and weak dollar is killing us, and not doing Germany's skilled workers any favors...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts