HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone know when the US Marshals introduced the .40-calibre UMP? I believe the DEA acquired it in 2001, but would like to know for the USMS as well. Many thanks!

Cheers

HANS

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
The USMS purchased some of the very first UMP40's. That would have been in the early 2000's, the exact year I do not recall. The US Border Patrol is the largest user of the UMP40 and are in the process of buying more.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Any idea why they chose .40?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Especially since DHS has awarded the largest contract I've ever heard of to ATK for 450 million rounds of .40 S+W. Look for some very worn .40 UMP parts kits to hit the market sooner or later.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The US Border Patrol is the largest user of the UMP40 and are in the process of buying more.
G3Kurz
Last I heard, we were phasing out the UMP in favor of the M4. The last purchase I am aware of was in late 2009 (maybe carried over into 2010?).

In regards to the .40 ammo purchase: 450M rounds really isn't that much for an agency that large. Current policy rations approximately 2000rds per officer/agent in a year just for pistols.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Especially since DHS has awarded the largest contract I've ever heard of to ATK for 450 million rounds of .40 S+W. Look for some very worn .40 UMP parts kits to hit the market sooner or later.
holy sh*t

so this is party why our country is in debt, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts