HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm in the process of Building a G-3 and I need some US compliance parts.

I have a JLD reciever so thats 1 part. I need 6 more If I'm correct on the count.

My parts kit is one of the Sand/brown colored kits and I'd like to keep all the furniture.

So I need Web addresses or links to Manufacturers of US parts.

JLD has the Hammer and Sear and Trigger box. That brings me to 4 parts

IGF has a US made Hider that looks like the original.

5 parts so far, I need 2 more to make it legal befor I weld the trunnion in.

I don't wanna replace the original trunnion with a US made one.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
611 Posts
do a search on here and you will find a listing for what parts are considered for compliance.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
would a 21E cocking handle count? (was never sure if it did or not)
I'm afraid not. Here is the list:

(c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or
stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearm handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

Citation:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/semi_auto_faq.txt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There is a 21 Handle that is made in the US, I think it falls under the heading of Operating rods. Since you have to operate it to move the bolt carrier and bolt in order to load the rifle.

however its black as I said earlier I'd prefer the Sand/Brown furniture and the Cocking handle is The same color as the rest of the furniture. I've thought of using this piece as it will blend in with the cocking tube after I "Park" the entire rifle Black.

Appreciate the thought on the barrel, however My barrel and Trunnion are still together just not installed in the reciever. Simplest way to Build a G3 is to remove the barrel and trunnion as an assembly from the old reciever parts and weld into the new reciever assembled as well.

Thanks,
Jason

·
2,832 Posts
might see if JFK(member here can make it the color you want, he does green and black
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67004

There is a 21 Handle that is made in the US, I think it falls under the heading of Operating rods. Since you have to operate it to move the bolt carrier and bolt in order to load the rifle.

however its black as I said earlier I'd prefer the Sand/Brown furniture and the Cocking handle is The same color as the rest of the furniture. I've thought of using this piece as it will blend in with the cocking tube after I "Park" the entire rifle Black.

Appreciate the thought on the barrel, however My barrel and Trunnion are still together just not installed in the reciever. Simplest way to Build a G3 is to remove the barrel and trunnion as an assembly from the old reciever parts and weld into the new reciever assembled as well.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
886 Posts
I believe the cocking handle is considered the OP rod as well, there is the US made pistol grip...not too bad. Looks original.

Bill

·
Registered
11 Posts
JLD also makes a US trigger.

trigger
hammer
sear
box
receiver
muzzle attachment

You'll need one more, either a mag part, funiture part or the cocking handle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
doesnt jld make trunions too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JLD does make trunnions.

I couldn't find the Trigger it self on JLD's webpage, So I was unsure if one was available by a US Manufacturer.

Jason

·
Banned
4 Posts
JLD used to make triggers, they no longer do.

I did a Syrian Tan furniture one, which I have for sale, and had to resort to the "trigger housing" which JLD sells as well to make my US parts count.

D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts