HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I swap a stock USC barrel with a UMP barrel? I know the NFA form 1 SBR requirement but will it be possible to replace it without modification? are they the same specs besides the lenght? can anyone shed some light.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is just a pin that holds it in, that you can remove manually.

I think Top-Notch Parts sells a replacement pin that is easier to remove than the existing one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is just a pin that holds it in, that you can remove manually.
I think Top-Notch Parts sells a replacement pin that is easier to remove than the existing one.

I checked and saw the barrel pin, Do you use a punch to drive it out?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes. Left to right or right to left, it makes no difference. I do recommend putting a drop or two of oil into the pin hole just to lube it up and help ease it out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Left to right or right to left, it makes no difference. I do recommend putting a drop or two of oil into the pin hole just to lube it up and help ease it out.
Thanks, I just email Ed from HDPS for availabilty of the 7.87" stainless UMP barrel. I'm mailing my form 1 tomorrow if this barrel is in stock. I really like my stock USC except for the barrel lenght. Maybe,(funds permitting) I will go ahead with the full UMP conversion someday. Right now, I have a form 1(SBR) & form 4 (suppresssor) pending. My immediate project is a suppressor for my USP 9mm after I get all these forms back from ATF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts