HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USC with the original 16" barrel and the top notch folding stock. In the future I may go SBR, but in the mean time I was wondering if I could take the old USC thumbhole stock and cut it off to essentially make it an end cap. I reallize I need to keep the overall lenght of the gun greater than 26" which I can by leaving a good 2" on the end cap. The overall lenght would be about 27.5". Is this legal? Also If I do SBR it can I use an end cap then too? And do I need to put on the form 1 its overall lenght with just the end cap? I am a little unclear about AOW and SBR rules when it comes to end caps.

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
I think having an end cap on an SBR is no problem, but I have to ask why cut down a perfectly good USC stock to just a stub? Folding the stock on your 16" USC yields an overall length just a hair over the 26" minimum and you still have a stock available on the gun to use if you ever want to aim and hit anything.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think having an end cap on an SBR is no problem, but I have to ask why cut down a perfectly good USC stock to just a stub? Folding the stock on your 16" USC yields an overall length just a hair over the 26" minimum and you still have a stock available on the gun to use if you ever want to aim and hit anything.
It still very easy to aim from the hip with the help of a laser. I just want to have an end cap to make it less bulky when I bungy it under my arm. Its the same principal as an MP5 end cap, so dont give me no lip:380:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont think there is any shortage of USC parts. I know I have an extra lower and stock assembly from my USC when I converted to a UMP. You can buy them really cheap, and people who did the UMP conversion basically have no use for the parts anymore. So if you need an extra one, I have one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts