HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if you can own a USC in Ca. The reason I am curious is because a guy from there wants to buy some USC parts and a 10rd mag from me. Can you guys own this stuff?

·
Registered
20 Posts
As long as the guy in CA bought the gun or assault weapon prior to the Assault Weapon Ban and he had registered it with the State then he can own it.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
whats the difference, parts are not illegal

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am wondering if you can own a USC in Ca. The reason I am curious is because a guy from there wants to buy some USC parts and a 10rd mag from me. Can you guys own this stuff?
It's perfectly legal, parts and 10round magazines aren't illegal to buy/import here. High-capacity mags can not be shipped here, well...(unless the mags are disassembled into parts ie. mag floor, spring, etc.). And you can bring USC's in the state too if you have the evil features taken off or disassembled before it is brought into the state.

Leadthrower

·
Registered
7 Posts
USC's are in CA AFTER the ban. They just fill in the thumbhole stock and use detachable 10 round mags or fix the mag to the gun and run with the pistol grip stock.

Parts ARE NOT ILLEGAL for these guns as long as they are not high cap mags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As long as the guy in CA bought the gun or assault weapon prior to the Assault Weapon Ban and he had registered it with the State then he can own it.
as much as i like the fact you were tryin to help, you were not helping. your info is not true at all! alot of no-cali vendors dont sell us products because they dont understand the law as you dont. OP as others said parts are not illeagle. i have a HK USC bought in cali and i live in cali.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Disregard this bad info folks.

USC is legal provided the thumbhole is filled in, or PG is cut off.

And parts are just that: parts. Even hi-cap magazine replacement parts are OK here, just not complete hi-caps unless they were owned before 2000.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Some LEOs are purchasing USCs as an individual officer purchase and having it registered as an A/W. As long as their chief/sheriff signs the paperwork, the dealers are registering it as an A/W.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Heres a guy who makes a magazine lock that makes USC's California legal, even with the thumbhole stock.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68828

As long as it's over 30" OAL, has a 10 round mag, and you need a tool (a bullet counts as a tool) to remove said mag, you can have any "evil" features you want (PG's, folding stocks, flash hiders)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heres a guy who makes a magazine lock that makes USC's California legal, even with the thumbhole stock.

As long as it's over 30" OAL, has a 10 round mag, and you need a tool (a bullet counts as a tool) to remove said mag, you can have any "evil" features you want (PG's, folding stocks, flash hiders)
i just ordered that radd mag lock from lan. i dont have it yet but from my understanding it is a very nice product. cant wait to get it so i can put my usc together and shoot it finaly.

·
Registered
376 Posts
CA USC/UMP for sale!

Hello, I have a CA Legal black HK USC/UMP conversion 45ACP rifle for sale? I'm Located in northern CA area if interested please send me a pm. I'm offering this for sale to fellow CA neighbors first. I need to sell because of property taxes due.
I'm asking $2250 FTF only!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kobra, you might want to post this on the calguns.net "Private Firearms Sales" section. Make sure you post a pic and where you are at when you make your listing. I'm sure at that price, it will sell quickly.

Is this the one with the Top Notch Grease Gun lower or is it a true UMP conversion? Good luck.

F.A.S. Out

·
Registered
268 Posts
So what is the story here? Do you have to buy one of these as a parts set, and get the serial # reciever seperatly?

·
Registered
56 Posts
no, you can get them complete. i just got one from clyde's armory (www.policeguns.com) for $1395+ shipping. i asked him to separate the upper and lower receivers before shipping, as that's the only my FFL will accept it. Other than that, just get a radd lock for it and you should be good

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did they ship both halves to your FFL, or just the lower with the upper going to you?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
no, you can get them complete. i just got one from clyde's armory (www.policeguns.com) for $1395+ shipping. i asked him to separate the upper and lower receivers before shipping, as that's the only my FFL will accept it. Other than that, just get a radd lock for it and you should be good
To be 100% honest there are two ways to get them in Ca. 1. is to have them shipped seperately like it says in the quote. Barreled receiver to FFl and the rest to you. This is typically done in an online buy 2. You can get them complete, typically from an FFL. It will have the "bullet button" already installed-which complies with Ca laws. I can say that it leaves no marks on the pin or receiver, and you get all the original parts for when you find that job in another state and you can put things back the way they were intended to be.

G

·

to complete your generalization about removable fixed mag builds, the barrel also needs to be over 16 inches of course. =)

also, i just met radd at entreprise arms in irwindale today. he's a good guy.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Kobra, you might want to post this on the calguns.net "Private Firearms Sales" section. Make sure you post a pic and where you are at when you make your listing. I'm sure at that price, it will sell quickly.

Is this the one with the Top Notch Grease Gun lower or is it a true UMP conversion? Good luck.

F.A.S. Out
This is a German HK UMP parts kit minus the short 8" barrel and a HDPS transition block. It has two 25rd magazines that can only be sold to a fellow LEO.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts