HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried using the 10 round USC mags in there UMP? would this work? it sounds like it snaps in perfectly obviously a little wobble side to side but would it work without problems?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Good question. I'd like to know as well. I'm going to assume no because I see tons of them for sale after people finish their UMP conversion.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You might think about going down to the local hardware store and getting
some plastic round disks (I think they are for the bottom of chairs so they slide
better) and put them on the mags to stop the side to side wobble. Or in the mag
well if you're only going to be using USC mags. Not sure of the thickness but it
should be pretty easy to measure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i mean i have UMP mags, but i was just curious last night and stuck a USC mag up there and it locked and seemed like it would work just fine. I just didnt want to try it and have something like explode in my hand lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes they wooble but you shouldn't have any issues. I have fired many a round with an FBI lower with USC mags as well as with the a drum mag with the USC feed tower. No k-boom...
Cheers! And good luck...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have personally used usc mags after converting to a ump they still lock in place and still trip the bolt hold open after the last round try the search bar I think I remember I thread where they were using double sided tape to stop the wobble but they work without modification but it looks kinds funny with how small the usc mags look compared to full size ump mag

·
Registered
765 Posts
no i mean i have UMP mags, but i was just curious last night and stuck a USC mag up there and it locked and seemed like it would work just fine. I just didnt want to try it and have something like explode in my hand lol
run some dummy rounds through it? That will, at least, let you know if it lines up to feed.

If you're still concerned, put one live round on top of a dummy. When it fires the first round it will try to feed the dummy. No risk of boom-boom at full cycling speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts