HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a usc and well the sights are fine but i am not so good with seeing all the way downrange. i dont need to break the bank on optics, does anyone have any reviews on some more entry/mid level optics?? may be willing to purchase used optics any idea's?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Eotech are the best for me.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Check out some of the Vortex stuff, the Strikefire (Aimpoint fullsize clone) and the SPARC (Aimpoint Micro clone). Both are still very capable optics with a great warranty from Vortex. Both have had great reviews for mid-range stuff. If you're interested in something a little less than that, than I would look at the Bushnell Trophy red-dot series, Opticsplanet has the 1x25 (like an aimpoint micro) for 91 bucks, and a 1x28 (standard tube red-dot) for 95 bucks, or the 1x32 (looks like an ACOG) for 150-ish. These are much better than the junker Tasco 30mm and 42mm red-dot sights.

Link to Vortex stuff: Vortex Sights SALE Vortex Red Dot Sights DISCOUNT Red Dot Scopes by Vortex

Link to the bushnell stuff: Results for Bushnell red dot - Sorted by Best Match, on Page 1 (20) Items - Optics Planet (first couple of entries)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Vortex SPARC on mine, and I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I used a Zeiss Z-Pont and like it a lot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i bought a usc and well the sights are fine but i am not so good with seeing all the way downrange. i dont need to break the bank on optics, does anyone have any reviews on some more entry/mid level optics?? may be willing to purchase used optics any idea's?
Are you talking about needing a small amount of magnification to see at distances?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does anyone run the eotech EXPS3-0 on their USC/UMP? Does it co-witness with stock sight? I want an eotech with a QD mount like the EXPS3.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Does anyone run the eotech EXPS3-0 on their USC/UMP? Does it co-witness with stock sight? I want an eotech with a QD mount like the EXPS3.
It's the same height as a regular EOTech (an absolute co-witness with an AR15) so it'll be way to high to co-witness at all. However if you get a GG&G QR lever for it, it won't matter since you can take it off quick anyways. An XPS3 would probably be what I'd get if I liked EOTech's, they are nice and compact and have a big open window, although you won't have much cheek wield.

Even the Mini-red-dot's like the RMR/Doctor/Jpoint/burris ones sit too high for co-witness, although companies make QR mounts for them now so it's less of an issue, the only sights I know of that will mount low enough to co-witness are the Aimpoint Micro (and clones like the SPARC - Bushnell 1x25MRD, SIG etc...) and the Zeiss Z-Point. I don't know if you can even get a fullsize aimpoint ring low enough to mount the fullsize Aimpoints low enough to co-witness.

·
Registered
339 Posts
F22 Thanks for the quick answer! I guess I will stick with my zeiss Z point.. I was just looking for other options.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts