HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was thinking about buying a USC but had a question about the stock/grip. Is it possible to change them to the Ump stock & grip without converting the rest? I don't want to convert it to a SBR, I'm just not crazy about the stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks to me that you could grab a lower receiver from HKParts and a stock (unless they come as one) and you should have a UMP clone.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You're missing a couple of things. It's easy, just not that easy.

You'll need those 2 parts listed above, also the roll pin for the stock, 3 us made parts to comply with 922r, and then some minor trimming of the lower to fit on the USC.

It is totally worth it, I can assure you. Check out HDPS.org for great info, parts, and service for your conversion.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
You'll also need to open up the underside of the receiver to take the double stack UMP mag.

It's only a SBR if you choose to change to a shorter barrel. A lot of people do the rest of the conversion and keep the original 16" barrel.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
UMP How To Guide

Skip the SBR process obviously. You'll need to replace three parts with us made parts. I used the US made trigger (~$125), and the mag follower and baseplate from Precision One (~$20 for each mag).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thanks for the help/info Guys, I have alot to think about now. Also, while looking at the conversion kits on HKparts I noticed the "USC to UMP Grease Gun Conversion US Made".
HK USC Grease Gun Conversion Kit - HKPARTS.NET any thoughts & opinions on this item is appreciated.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Wow, way for me to miss the stock block because I was thinking of the roll pin, lol....

Those TN grease gun conversions have been around for awhile. Most people seem to enjoy them but end up going all HK in the end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the grease gun is a good cost alternative, but the bolt wont hold open when the mag is empty, and you will dissapoint all the purists out there, that cry a little every time they see one...

·
Registered
63 Posts
But the grease gun conversions are 100% fun, and you get 30rd mags at a fraction of the UMP route. I really like my USC with grease gun conversion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts