HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that even if I wanted to do the full USC/UMP conversion, it would be impossible since there is no way to get 45 cal 25 rnd mags. The only site that seems to sell stuff related to the conversion process is HKparts.net. Is converting an USC to a USC/UMP even do able today? My current plan is just to SBR it, but I will still have to deal with 922r. The more I think of it, the more it seems logical to go all the way with the conversion to get 25 round capacity rather then wasting 200 bucks on a lower reciever that is registered to hold 10 rnds.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
That's a good point. Just think of the conversion process like a tax stamp. By the time you acquire all the parts it will be months down the road. Sure you could buy the HDPS setup for $1650. By if you find the parts piece by piece you can do it for about half that. I picked up 1 magazine last week for $99 shipped on GB. Checked again last night and only see them for $120. The last part I need is a stock, but thats even harder for find than a magazine.

Last time I saw people talking about 922r compliance everyone said it wasn't really a bid deal because it's only a possession issue? I didn't really understand it but they made it seem like it wasn't a big deal. You're right though, it doesn't make sense to pay $200 and wait 7 months to shoot something that holds 10 rounds. Get a UMP lower, file your form 1, and by the time you get the magazine and all the rest of the parts your form 1 should be back.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Now that I think about it, couldn't you just buy ones of those new HDPS UMP mags that count as all (3) 922r parts. You keep that in your range bag and then if you get any hastle about it, you are technically complying with 922r by having that magazine? I don't know much about 922r except what the requirements are to satisfy it. I've only had to deal with it on my Saiga 12 where I have wayyyy more than the required amount because all the aftermarket stuff happens to be US made to begin with.

·
Premium Member
3,105 Posts
It seems that even if I wanted to do the full USC/UMP conversion, it would be impossible since there is no way to get 45 cal 25 rnd mags. The only site that seems to sell stuff related to the conversion process is HKparts.net. Is converting an USC to a USC/UMP even do able today? My current plan is just to SBR it, but I will still have to deal with 922r. The more I think of it, the more it seems logical to go all the way with the conversion to get 25 round capacity rather then wasting 200 bucks on a lower reciever that is registered to hold 10 rnds.
Absolutely not true..right now UMP45 mags are available from many sources here on the forum as well as GB and other vendors keep in mind HKParts.net is NOT the only game in town there are numerous Authorized HK dealers available..you simply need to expand your search process..right now the USC/UMP Conversion is the hot ticket for many so don't get discouraged if you want it then build it.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Absolutely not true..right now UMP45 mags are available from many sources here on the forum as well as GB and other vendors keep in mind HKParts.net is NOT the only game in town there are numerous Authorized HK dealers available..you simply need to expand your search process..right now the USC/UMP Conversion is the hot ticket for many so don't get discouraged if you want it then build it.
I think what he means is getting the magazines at retail list or close to it (around $90), not $120+

·
Registered
264 Posts
The thing about 922 is that it's the act of making the gun non compliant that is at issue. Simply owning a non compliant gun is nothing. Case in point would be a PTR91 that you find at a gun show that has all HK everything on it aside from barrel, trunnion, and receiver. Whomever it was that put it together like that violated the law not you. Buying pr possessing it once built is fine. To answer your earlier question though, yes you could get a HDPS mag and that would count as your 3 parts.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
The thing about 922 is that it's the act of making the gun non compliant that is at issue. Simply owning a non compliant gun is nothing. Case in point would be a PTR91 that you find at a gun show that has all HK everything on it aside from barrel, trunnion, and receiver. Whomever it was that put it together like that violated the law not you. Buying pr possessing it once built is fine. To answer your earlier question though, yes you could get a HDPS mag and that would count as your 3 parts.
Thanks for the info. I knew it was something like that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Contact Tom Bostic (tbostic on here). He makes modified USC lowers with enlarged magwells that allow you to use the UMP mags without doing the conversion or changing the stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am sure they will sell them at a high premium too. I hope promag starts making the plastic version for cheaper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts