HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
HK USC
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to covid I was working on a USC to UMP conversion. I am seeing more and more HK USC rifles online and am going to pull the trigger. I am planning to send the rifle to Tommy Built Tactical for the conversion. I am working on ordering the parts know, but have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:
  • I was going to go with the HK UMP 2 Select Lower(when I can find one). When using USA made magazines has anyone had issues with magazine wobble?
  • Has anyone ever sent a stripped lower? The two parts that are noted if sending a stripped lower are the mag release & mag release axle. Looks like if this is an option I can save around 150 bucks.
  • I saw that there are two options for the the rear section. You can use a demilled rear section fused to receiver or go with the stock block with pin. Any pros or cons with either option? Is fusing the demilled rear section as sturdy as going with the stock block with pin?

Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Prior to covid I was working on a USC to UMP conversion. I am seeing more and more HK USC rifles online and am going to pull the trigger. I am planning to send the rifle to Tommy Built Tactical for the conversion. I am working on ordering the parts know, but have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:
  • I was going to go with the HK UMP 2 Select Lower(when I can find one). When using USA made magazines has anyone had issues with magazine wobble?
  • Has anyone ever sent a stripped lower? The two parts that are noted if sending a stripped lower are the mag release & mag release axle. Looks like if this is an option I can save around 150 bucks.
  • I saw that there are two options for the the rear section. You can use a demilled rear section fused to receiver or go with the stock block with pin. Any pros or cons with either option? Is fusing the demilled rear section as sturdy as going with the stock block with pin?

Thanks for the help in advance!
All of those questions and more have been asked before and answered along with photos! Search, don't be that guy waiting for a handout.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been doing some research on this topic myself, the following thread and video may answer your questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts