HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a USC/UMP conversion. There are some good deals on some here, but I think I want to possibly do it myself or have HDPS do it. Either way, if I get the USC for about $1200, how much would I have to put into it to get the UMP conversion done without the NFA barrel length. I know the mags are expensive, but I'm talking strictly whatever needs to be done to the internals, compliance parts, and folding stock.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hk USC to UMP FBI LOWER CONVERSION KIT (ALL NEW) : HK Parts at GunBroker.com

This and you are done unless you want vent cuts and rails. He's already done most everything but the receiver enlarge.You'll need to swap the FCG minus the US made trigger he'll give you. With some patience, you may be able to find some parts cheaper.

It's the mags now that are $150 a pop. If you want more than two that gets expensive.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I saw that. I figured that would be the route I would go. So it looks like a little over $3000 before I register it and go with the shorter barrel.

Since I have a ti-rant 45 for my Mark 23, would it make sense just to have the original barrel cut down and threaded to match that piston?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
If you go the HDPS route, as I did, you are going to spend between 1500 and 1700 dollars for all the lower parts and milling work.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
You can order the entire SBR complete from HDPS for $3500. Besides the standars stuff you would receive with a NIB USC, it comes with the rails, a vertical grip and the UMP Armorers manual too. Not that much more than what you're already planning and you have everything brand new and built.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yea I saw that. I figured that would be the route I would go. So it looks like a little over $3000 before I register it and go with the shorter barrel.

Since I have a ti-rant 45 for my Mark 23, would it make sense just to have the original barrel cut down and threaded to match that piston?
I found a new take-off USC barrel for $100 and had ADCO cut and thread it 16x1LH to match my HK45 and HK45c and Osprey .45 Piston

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
I guess I've been living in a hole.

Why are mags impossible to get right now?
Supplies dried up, but new shipments are on the way from HK Germany. Best to wait and save yourself the money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Supplies dried up, but new shipments are on the way from HK Germany. Best to wait and save yourself the money.
Any evidence on that one? They've been on order at many places now for quite some time. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm not calling you a liar or trying to start anything, but I haven't seen/heard anything which would make me think otherwise.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
Any evidence on that one? They've been on order at many places now for quite some time. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm not calling you a liar or trying to start anything, but I haven't seen/heard anything which would make me think otherwise.
Another member and I have several contacts with HK Defense. The UMP mag price gouging was brought up and the response was as noted above. Feel free to use this information any way you please. I just thought I would offer it as I hate to see guys spending such large amounts on these mags right now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know how to feel about that. Here I go spending mucho bucks on mags and now they're coming back... I wonder if I should return some? Thanks for the update, it's very much appreciated!

Neal

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
I don't know how to feel about that. Here I go spending mucho bucks on mags and now they're coming back... I wonder if I should return some? Thanks for the update, it's very much appreciated!

Neal
Certain parts are no longer going to be coming from HK Germany, but as of now mags are not among them.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,319 Posts
Any guess on ETA? What parts won't they be shipping over any more? Again, thanks for the info
Not sure on ETA as, I didn't ask and don't know what the timeline is between the handoff between HK USA and distributors. As for parts no longer available: they're related to the full auto line of weapons, with items like barrels and bolt groups, but not mags. These parts can still be provided to military an L.E agencies, but not for private sale. As crazy as it sounds, even HK Defense can't get these items for themselves, meaning if they have a HK53 that needs a new barrel, they are not considered an appropriate receiving source.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Along these same lines, I was informed that the last shipment of .45 mags were off spec and had trouble feeding, something to do with the internal rails and Hk has said in the past no more certain items and then continued to provide them anyway. This distributor seemed to feel HK nixed the sale due to the error on these hence the shortage. On FA parts marine0303 is probably correct as well as the mags. I will be waiting until they resurface at realistic prices. I am GTG for now in .45 and 9mm mags.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Marine0303 is correct...the mags are inbound, however as he pointed out MIL/LE have priority. This does not mean they are not going to be available, the prices are just STUPID. Up to you if want to believe the posts or not, but I wouldn't pay those prices for the mags.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mags may be inbound but that also doesn't mean they'll be $66 again unless the supply is larger than demand. A few dealers got 9mm mags in and Adam sold his at $100 in a few hours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts