HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing the conversion with the FBI lower and the ACR stock and block (counts as (1) 922r part)
Since we only need (3) 922r parts to make the conversion compliant, I want to install a US made trigger and sear. That way, the rifle all on it's own is legal and I don't have to worry about magazines.

Anyway, my question is this: I did a ton of searches and I can't find a good tutorial or video on the lower internal trigger group swap. Looking at the FBI lower, there looks to be less internal parts (after removing the forward most pin and removing that FA item) than the USC lower. Since I'm wanting to install a few US made parts, it all has to come out. Anyone have good pics or links that are not broken for me to look at ?

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Save yourself the headache, contact Tbostic at Tommy Built Tactical, ship the parts and lowers to him. You could also reach out a Choppstix Kid on here. Although, I've not seen posts on here recently from either of them. for what its worth, I sent my lowers and parts to Tbostic, shipped it to him, he had the parts for a day, and shipped them back to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Save yourself the headache, contact Tbostic at Tommy Built Tactical, ship the parts and lowers to him. You could also reach out a Choppstix Kid on here. Although, I've not seen posts on here recently from either of them. for what its worth, I sent my lowers and parts to Tbostic, shipped it to him, he had the parts for a day, and shipped them back to me.

Thanks but a lot of the enjoyment I get is being able to do things myself. There are several different 922r conversions I've done in the past and this is something I can easily do myself. I was just looking for some updated material online. Seems I missed the wave with these USC to UMP conversions. Same thing happened to me with the Saiga 12 conversions. I was late to that party as well.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
While this is a great video (I used it when I did mine) he does make a mistake with one of the hammer spring legs. Specifically, the hammer spring leg on the right. He has it against a pin when it should be against the inside of the housing. I have a comment to his video which explains it in more detail. He shrugs it off because "it works" but it's not like that from the factory and the hammer will not fall with the same force (it will be less) the way he did it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
yeah, I do wish someone (hint hint Marine0303) would make a USC to UMP specific video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts