HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my USC and assorted bits and pieces for my USC to UMP conversion. I’ve got them boxed up and ready to ship. I have sent emails to some of the most popular HK gunsmiths that do USC/UMP conversions. I describe what I have and asking for a quote. I have asked for an acknowledgement (ie return email) that I should ship to them and they could do the work. No response from these guys. I thought getting the parts for this conversion would be the hard part but it turns out finding someone to do the work is the hard part.

HK gunsmiths you would recommend for USC to UMP conversion?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Joe(Chopstix) and Tom Bostic here on HK Pro. I would highly recommend both.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I havent had one done by Aviator Dave, but every thread I have seen on here people say that they love the work and it was a lightning fast turn around. Like 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I'm having wespritts do mine. He is doing his first ever fusion on mine. Are you wanting a fuse job or just a stock block installed? Because you can do the stock block yourself.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Mine was done by AviatorDave and it took 2 days. He got it Sat morning and shipped it back Monday afternoon. How can you beat that?
Just make sure you schedule the work with whomever you are going to send it to, before you send it. Otherwise, if he is busy, yours may sit in the queue for days (if not weeks).

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I saw that thread, too, but I took a chance and I am happy I did. Some other members will also attest to that. YMMV.
If you can wait 8-10 months, send it to Chopstix. TBostic will take about 2 weeks. AviatorDave, 2 maybe 3 days. HPDS, good luck.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Oh wow I missed that thread by Samot. I have dealt with Samot in the past and everything went smooth so now I dont even know what to think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would recommend Aviator Dave in a heartbeat. He's had his personal issues to deal with and it has affected his work but he's owned up to that. The work he did for me was exceptional. I would and will use him again in the near future.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dave's a great guy, who just found himself in a bad situation due to a lot of things outside of his control. Everyone deserves a second chance. He did my UMP lower in the past and it came out 100% and was lightning quick.

I'm going to have my upper sent off to him too for the vents and magwell. I just wish he still had some of those SL8-6's for sale :(

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Dave's been fine the last half year or so. I gave him my USC in person back in April to do the conversion (his office and my office are less than 15 miles apart), we negotiated a trade for the work involved, and he had it back to me in 2 days. Transferred the USC fire control group into my FBI UMP lower and milled the vents and magwell on the upper. The quality of the workmanship was just excellent all-around, too :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Do a search, we've covered that dozens of times. It really depends on if you want, how long you're willing to look for deals on parts, etc. But it'll be at least $2000-$2500.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
What is the going cost for parts and labor to do the USC to UMP conversion?
Labor is $200 for everything (mill vents, enlarge mag well, swap semi trigger internals, fit the stock block, and fill the FA void).
Parts prices vary, depending on where you get the parts, what condition, new vs used, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts