HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD DO ?

1) RECEIVER PIN REPLACEMENT OR MACHINED SOMEHOW TO 6MM INSTEAD OF OPEN THE LOWER RECEIVER HOOK

2) HDPS BLOCK INSTEAD OF REAR STUB WELDING ??

thanks !!

Karl

·
Registered
403 Posts
99% do block. The rear stub welding is incredibly difficult to do right. I believe most folks are referred to Tom Bostic for the stub welding type of conversion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you don't already own a USC give Michael's Machines a call. He has built 9/40/45 carbine/SBR conversions with factory receivers. That's where I got mine. If you want some good reading on his conversion take a look at his vendor section on this site.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My USC is at my LGS now waiting in line to have the block modification done. Tommy Bostic comes well recommended but I just couldn't afford the price.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
I went the stock block on mine. The change in LOP with the rear stub welding compared the stock block isn't very much on the USC, unlike the on the SL8 where it makes a big difference. Also, I had mine done long ago before anyone was doing the stub welding.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
WHAT YOU GUYS WOULD DO ?

1) RECEIVER PIN REPLACEMENT OR MACHINED SOMEHOW TO 6MM INSTEAD OF OPEN THE LOWER RECEIVER HOOK

2) HDPS BLOCK INSTEAD OF REAR STUB WELDING ??

thanks !!

Karl
1) Open the lower receiver hooks. It take 20 minutes if you're super careful but you can get it done in 5 minutes on a drill press with 4m 55s of that being setup time.

2) Stock block to start. You can always re-sell the stock block if you want to do the receiver fuze job. Stock block isn't a 'commitment', the fuze job is.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I went with the stock block. I have all the parts to send it to Tom for a stub fuse but haven't gotten around to it. I have a G36k stub fuse and it looks great. Last time I checked the stub fuse was $650 plus a stub, which are plentiful at the moment. If you can wait go stub fuse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Stock Block B and UMP stock if you're interested. I switched over to the ACR stock and that adapter on my USC/UMP...so the Stock Block B and stock are just sitting in my safe taking up space. $125 for both and its yours, the only thing you'd need would be the eyelet screw/thumbscrew...normally the stock block b is around $175 and the ump stock is $100-150.
Adjustable spanner Tool Monkey wrench Wrench Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts