HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im considering a USC. assuming a 230 grain corbon +P load is 950fps in a 5" 1911, how fast would you expect this same bullet to exit a 16" USC?
thanks,

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would guess you would add around 200 fps at the most. The round is only going to go so fast, really anything over 8" or so won't make it go any faster. I would step that round down to Corbon's 185 grain. It a rocken round!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I had asked this question before. While there wasn't information on 45ACP, some did give the +200 fps for 9mm(?).

·
Registered
172 Posts
I cronod Winchester Ranger 230+P from my USC, and it was consistantly at 1100 fps. Ive heard of 185's+P really screaming along at somthing likw 1400, IIRC.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't recall the source, but I seem to remember 1050fps from reading I've done on this very topic. All I know is that I really enjoy shooting my USC. It's an underrated carbine and makes a fine close in personal defense weapon. From across the room out to 50+ yards the thing is accurate and effective. For anything beyond that I really like the HK91. The proven .308 rocks at longer distances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts