HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems to me that a 93 would be a better tactical self defense rifle, because of power, range and thirty round mags. However, I like a having the same ammo for a 45 carbine and handgun. I guess the usc is a little smaller... Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
I like them both, really hard to say, but for most real world(and hope that never happens) not LE/Mil use.....the UMP to me makes more sense

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Seems to me that a 93 would be a better tactical self defense rifle, because of power, range and thirty round mags. However, I like a having the same ammo for a 45 carbine and handgun. I guess the usc is a little smaller... Any thoughts?
Depends on what kind of "tactical self defense" situation are you contemplating, I think.

·
Registered
422 Posts
With the price of 223 today and what it will become in the near future, I am really not that excited about getting a new rifles that shoot 223 ammunition.
It is plain crazy what has happened in the last 12 months!

Also for me the jump was from the MP5 to the HK91/G3, I never stopped at the HK93/33 level. The AR fits the 223 bill way to good.
Also for me H&K is SBR all the way. The long rifles are cool but I rather go the MP5 style guns, MP5, HK53, HK51 and the like.

Both are very different rifles and have different purposes

·
Registered
887 Posts
I prefer the HK91 due to the .308 round for distance work and stopping power. My USC, while limited by 10 round mags, is still a light and easy to use close in weapon. Better than a handgun and not as heavy as the .308 it has its place. When all else fails and you're up close and personal the old Mossberg 500 12GA pump is my weapon of choice. The bottom line is the only place you should want to use any of these fine guns is at the range amongst friends and like minded enthusiasts. Tactical civilian situations hopefully remain in the realm of black helicopters and tin foil hats. ;-)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I can see a use for a carbine in a home defense situation. Granted, in that circumstance a SBR might be just the ticket, but I don't have one of those.

In my experiments, the .40 cal pistol round will penetrate through several 1 gallon jugs of water while a 223 loaded with Hornady Vmax bullets destroys the first 1 gallon jug, and only a small fragment of lead emerges out the back.

Granted it is a limited experiment, but I live in close proximity to neighbors, and for me at least it is the Vmax in 223 which I choose for home defense due to the potential of "overpenetration."

Else a 12 gauge with #4 buckshot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts