HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm filling out the Form 1 to have my USC sbr'd. I was wondering what they were putting in for question 4d? I will be filling in the USC on the gun and engraving UMP instead. My guess would be UMP but I just wanted to make sure before I sent out the forms.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I would say if your not welding/grafting a UMP rear end and sight onto the USC upper it would still be a USC. The serial number from your 4473 and from HK will equate that serial number with a USC not a UMP.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
On all my HK conversions I put the original model number on the form 1 section 4d and in the additional markings section (4H) I put down the model that the rifle was converted/remarked to (mp5, g3, hk33k,etc...).

·
Registered
731 Posts
I also put USC. I also put down all three calibers, incase I decide to get a 9mm or .40 conversion for the gun.
Now to just wait for my stamp...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Just an update, as of January 2013, the ATF no longer accepts "multi" for the caliber or anything additional in box 4H. LEAVE IT BLANK! Just got a letter from the ATF dated 02/28/13 kicking my Form 1 for my UMP conversion to have the extra caliber info in 4H removed before they'll approve my tax stamp.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
USC it is. A UMP it is not... and it will never be. If you must, you could call it a converted USC... but it still ain't a UMP. Even if you were an 07 manufacturer and made it into a post sample full auto, it'll still only be a converted USC.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
USC it is. A UMP it is not... and it will never be. If you must, you could call it a converted USC... but it still ain't a UMP. Even if you were an 07 manufacturer and made it into a post sample full auto, it'll still only be a converted USC.
If I SBRed my PS90, legally made it a full auto, P90 barrel, P90 trigger pack, P90 selector, P90 stock, P90 magazine. For all intensive purposes, I would consider it a P90.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Way to bust my fragile ego Shattered :tongue:
Sorry, Mang... but it is what it is... and nothing more. I stated elsewhere that there was a case that hit the courts down in Florida, iffen I remember right. CAse in point, someone was selling an MP5. He stated to the purchaser that it indeed was an MP5. Well, the guy had a problem with the gun and an inquiry was sent in to HK about the "MP5". HK responded back that the serial number corresponded back to an HK-94... not an MP5. The guy had paid more than normal to buy the gun, assured that it was indeed a real MP5 when the deal was struck. Long story short, a judge ruled in favor of the buyer, that the buyer was a victim of fraud and full restitution had to be made... including court costs AND damages. The seller was dumbfounded as he really thought HE had an MP5... as he was told when HE bought it. It all came around because the gun was marked MP5 by the guys that converted it. Everyone past the makers thought they had the real deal...

Remarking guns into something they're not can have consequences. And now if I remember correctly, there was also something in SAR magazine about marking guns.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
If I SBRed my PS90, legally made it a full auto, P90 barrel, P90 trigger pack, P90 selector, P90 stock, P90 magazine. For all intensive purposes, I would consider it a P90.
Naturally... and you know that it isn't but that's OK with you. You'd still have CDI factor going and full bragging rights at the local watering hole... until you tried to pass it off AS a real P90. You, of course, would inform the buyer that it's a converted PS90 semi and be in the clear.

Nobody at the range would be aware that it was once a rifle and you'd still get all the oooo's and ahhh's from the rest of the firing line.

And BTW, that's "intents and purposes"... as long as we're trying to be accurate.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I had one approved the first week of February and I just put "USC" in box 4d.
The examiner for my region (Texas/Louisiana), Sara Jones, specifically stated to leave it blank in her letter. BTW, I got back the approval a week after I submitted the corrected Form 1. She's getting help or getting faster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts