HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I mount up a non HK vert grip on this sucker? There is only one screw hole, I imagine I need a tri rail of some sort - any links fellas?

I was hoping to do a conversion for a buddy of mine, but he'll have to settle for the jewelry as I understand the blocks are not yet available. Ah well - so on the tri rail. Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I just attached a factory bottom rail to the USC. The second screw hole is actually what is holding on the front handguard. Remove this to install the rail. I then went with a command arms short vertical grip http://www.commandarms.com/categories.asp?cID=12 and it's fantastic!

How do I mount up a non HK vert grip on this sucker? There is only one screw hole, I imagine I need a tri rail of some sort - any links fellas?

I was hoping to do a conversion for a buddy of mine, but he'll have to settle for the jewelry as I understand the blocks are not yet available. Ah well - so on the tri rail. Any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Is there a front screw mount point then or is the bottom rail only riding on the one screw near the mag? A nice 5 screw tri rail would be ideal, but this works .. just need to still figure it out more. If you can take some close ups of that area, I'd appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
3,517 Posts
There is a front screw that holds that sling attachment point under the front of the forend. It has a cutout that is shaped for the bottom rail. You unscrew that sling attachment, put on the rail, and then screw the attachment back on, capturing the front of the rail in the process. The screw used for the attachment goes through the front screw hole in the rail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah! Big help. Thanks to the both of you. I think I can figure the rest out!

On this topic - any recommendations on a good place for rails? And on the top rail front (receiver) - long or short? Without having measurements (the vendords I visited didn't show any) I can't tell how useful one might be over another.

Cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah! Big help. Thanks to the both of you. I think I can figure the rest out!

On this topic - any recommendations on a good place for rails? And on the top rail front (receiver) - long or short? Without having measurements (the vendords I visited didn't show any) I can't tell how useful one might be over another.

Cheers.
http://hdps.org/htm/3.htm
everything you could ever want is or will be on this page.

·
2,832 Posts
HK makes a sling pin that you can use if you want to get rid of the handguard/sling mount

you can sorta see it in this pic of mine.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/691553/9227619/274966626.jpg

I like the CAA vert grips, its short, cheap and I use the same on my 94, it also feels like a HK K grip

+1

I just got a blister pack of 4 rails from Ed last week. My only contemplation is to retain the sling mount or not as it traps the vertical grip. For now I've kept it on and will be buying a separate grip for my other rifles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts