HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going through the safe a few days ago and ran across a couple of the old infamous Coharie bolt heads that had the face drilled to .435 instead of .400. That makes them pretty worthless for 9mm, but as luck would have it… that’s just about perfect for .40 cases. Yeah, I stuck one in it and it had just the right amount of “stuckness” to it. So then the light bulb came on (all 5 watts of it). I pulled the Coharie .40 MP5 clone out and started looking. Now remembering that the .40 has an ejector that goes in from the side instead of the bottom, I thought hey, just use an MP5 ejector. Might have to file it down just a bit but still has potential.

Well then closer examination showed that the carrier has a rounded side cutout where the locking piece mounts into it. So that would mean it was time for a standard 9mm carrier and locking piece, although I’m not too sure which locking piece might work best.

Anyway, has anybody ever looked into this? Any chance of it working? Was there a specific reason for this gun having the side ejector, unlike any of the rest of the series? Or am I just getting urine all over my own feet, again? Just curious.

The gun works sort of ok. I was just wondering if trying this would improve the cycling, or blow up in my face. I'd prefer the first, and not so much the latter.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 40 Bolthead is cut for the bullet guides in the trunion.
Try to run a standard cut Bolthead would knock out the guides.
Just something to think about.
Thanks. Noticed those but didn't think about it.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Thanks. Noticed those but didn't think about it.
Dog,
You keep posting like this and someone will start up a gofundme page to buy you a .40 bolt head:)

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dog,
You keep posting like this and someone will start up a gofundme page to buy you a .40 bolt head:)
Sweeeet...

But fortunately, I already have an HK .40 BH in the gun. I was just trying to find something useful for the oversized crappy ones I've had for years.

I guess I'm stuck with paper weights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts