HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been thinking of selling/trading my HK45c. It's a German model from 2010 with about 800 rounds through it in 90-95% condition and has Meprolight night sights. I also have a Crosbreed supertuck for it and 3 extra mags plus the original 2 for 5 total.

A LGS I went to said he just sold one on Gunbroker for $570 so he'd give me $500. That seems like a lowball to me, especially since I would be using the money to buy something from his store, but I don't really know what I should be looking for. Anyone have a rough estimate?

Thanks,
-TR

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
That is a lo-ball figure he gave you IMO.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Even though Gun shops don't usually care too much for holsters that's still a lowball offer. USP's can barely be found for 500$ let alone a new model HK45c. If you sell that for 500, I'll take it off your hands right now no questions asked :wink:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I see them New for $899 without the night sights. But I've never seen one go for as low as $570, that sounds like an old fashioned lie.
It's probably worth $700-750 in my opinion without actually seeing it, but not to a gunshop.
A gunshop will not usually help you out with the extras. You are much better off selling them separately on the forum here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Take it to the marketplace.
Or find a LGS who does consignment. My local guy offers very fair trade and purchase prices, but also will tell you right up front that you'll come out ahead if you do consignment and take the risk, instead of him taking the risk. Full disclosure on how much he's going to mark it up in the case, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I'll give ya $751.50 plus two dried up grapes and some lint I found in my pockets!!:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
753 and two pieces of Johoevasmatrix's wifes belly lint!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol. Thanks guys for the advice. I figured it was a lo-ball number. It's disappointing because it is a newer store in my area and he has very good prices on guns and accessories, just seems like he makes up for it by giving less on trades. I am going to take it to one more LGS near me, who tends to give HKs high prices so it might help my trade value, and if that doesn't work out I will put it in the marketplace. I will likely sell the mags and holster on there anyway since I know I won't get anything for them. Thanks again.

-TR

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
The offer he gave you for buying it is not totally out of line for a buy offer. Remember they have to shell out the cash up front, possibly sit on it for awhile and then hope to make a bit of profit on it to make it worthwhile for them to sell, especially if that model is not a hot local seller and they have to go sell it online & pay seller fees and such.

The best way to sell it locally at a gun shop is usually on consignment. Both of the gun shops local to me are straight up about it that if you want cash now, it will be a fair bit less than if you put it on consignment and you set the price and we collect 15% to 20% They love consignment as it means more inventory without any overhead so it's a win/win situation for them.

Trading for something you wanted in person / online would probably net you your best value as usually if you can find someone to do a near even swap with, it comes out as the best value for both of you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
And ... if you list it in the market place, make sure you include both mags it came with. I see a few for sale with only one mag and it makes me wonder how well the pistol was taken care of if the previous owner lost track of one of the original mags.
Of course that's free advice and worth every cent you paid ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
OP needs to understand that the LGS needs to turn around and make a profit. $100 profit on a gun to a LGS is nothing and not worth getting into for them. Trading guns is like trading cars, you'll get the lowest possible offer. Sell yourself for big bucks. GL

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I certainly understand the store needs to make money. My gripe is that I was meaning to do a trade with them, not a sale. Every penny of what he paid me was going to go back into the store and then some. In that case I do expect a little more.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts