HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the 4.6mm would not be enough to stop the most of the predetors - cugaurs, lions, tigers and pumas, bears, etc- but it can be fun to carry it around while going for the mountain hike, traveling foreign countries.

What do you think?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think if you're in the woods with an MP7, you have lots more to worry about than lions and tigers and bears Oh My!

And if your in a foreign country, enjoying a hike in the woods with your MP7, chances are the local constabulary may take a dislike to that and you'll get to experience the wonder and mystery of rendition.

Most of your issues in the woods should be resolved with artillery, or tactical air support, and save the MP7 for really geeked up situations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
but think about it, when a tiger is literally jumping on you, with a full auto (I would fully load a 40 round mag) and you can instantly give that beast a sting of a life for a brief moment.

MP7's size and it's shape is pefect for this kind of situation, and it's 4.6mm bullet is claimed to deliver the "tramatic wounds" to the target, just like the FN 5.7mm claims.

I think MP7 is far more superior than P90 on this case. MP7 is much smaller and lighter so it's very convenient to carry around ( little bit bigger than a pistol !) and it's design allows the users to fire that thing almost instinctivly, so it's nearly perfect for this specific situation.

This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'd go as far to call it inhumane. If you plan on using a weapon against a living target, at least try to choose a caliber that will kill it with the least amount of pain possible.

Think more along the lines of 270 weatherby rather than something much closer to a .17 HMR

·
Registered
195 Posts
you see cougars and lions in Long Beach? And what part of Long Beach can you own a MP7? lol

Just kidding. I can't shoot down a Cobra with a MP7 when I play "Battlefield 2"

I live up near Sasquash territory. We joke about seeing it and giving Bigfoot several local microbrews, or worst case, if he was mad throwing our beef jerky in the OTHER direction. Its illegal to hunt, shoot, or photograph him here. After camping, I could prolly' take him with my breath tho. ;)

I think a Desert Eagle 50ae would be the weapon of choice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally wouldn't be too concerned about how humane to be while i'm being mauled by a wild predator. I would think an MP7 would be a decent sort of protection on a hike. Lots of rounds for those panic misses.

Personally I'd probably go with a large caliber revolvoer (357 to 44 Mag) to avoid carrying around an 8 pound automatic Desert Eagle :p

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Uhhh, .44 magnum revolver.

An MP7 is gonna do a whole lot of nothing to something BIG that wants to eat you.

You can probably use a laser cutting machine to cut a pice of wood to length, but a chopsaw is just so much more practical... There is something called the right tool for the job.

·
Registered
229 Posts
At least this thread's intial question was against potentially real threats, and not a "what's the best zombie killing HK firearm, if I was trapped in Reno, NV with Jessica Biehl, against thousands of undead...".

·
Registered
329 Posts
I personally wouldn't be too concerned about how humane to be while i'm being mauled by a wild predator. I would think an MP7 would be a decent sort of protection on a hike. Lots of rounds for those panic misses.

Personally I'd probably go with a large caliber revolvoer (357 to 44 Mag) to avoid carrying around an 8 pound automatic Desert Eagle :p
It's very inhumane when there are much better more effective cartridges out there for stopping power. Frankly the 4.7 probably has some of the worst terminal ballistics in a "rifle/pistol" round. It's designed for armor penetration, it is NOT a "mankiller" per se. If you were out in the woods with an SMG you'd be better off taking an MP5 in 10mm or .40.

·
Registered
102 Posts
mmmmmm... Jessica Biehl, Mp7mmmmmm Im dumber for reading this thread

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It's very inhumane when there are much better more effective cartridges out there for stopping power. Frankly the 4.7 probably has some of the worst terminal ballistics in a "rifle/pistol" round. It's designed for armor penetration, it is NOT a "mankiller" per se. If you were out in the woods with an SMG you'd be better off taking an MP5 in 10mm or .40.
What have you seen on the terminal ballistics of the 4.7 round? The info I've seen on the 4.6mm round has been quite the contrary.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Everything I've seen suggests the 4.6 has about the same terminal ballistics as a .17 HMR with better penetration at range and no matter how you look at it a 4.6 is not going to have any type of first round terminal ballistics compared to any larger rifle caliber. If you're worried about cougars and bears the 4.6 is probably about as good of a choice as a .22 magnum.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe HK just needs to rechamber the MP7 in .22-Id buy it -It still looks cool, is cheap for plinking and with a 16" barrel maybe they could get it imported like the cool looking GSG .22 Gordon Miller is seling--but to stay on topic Id rather just have my .44mag - if it didnt stop the bear it would burn, blind, or defen him!

·
Registered
22 Posts
LOL, ususally I am am a silent observer, try to gain information from these forums, but I had to break my silence today, by far this is the most .........well interesting.... nope nope... unique thread, thumbs up for the guy who started it. :D :90:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Maybe HK just needs to rechamber the MP7 in .22-Id buy it -It still looks cool, is cheap for plinking and with a 16" barrel maybe they could get it imported like the cool looking GSG .22 Gordon Miller is seling--but to stay on topic Id rather just have my .44mag - if it didnt stop the bear it would burn, blind, or defen him!
My uncle actually had to put a bear down once, it took 2 12 gauge slugs before it dropped so I wouldn't be quite sure about that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A forum on assault and battle rifles and P.D.W.s, and the subject turns to the humanity of shooting a living creature? Strange days, indeed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes and even though I love HK if I had to put down a large animal I wouldn't do it with a USP9 so really I don't see where your point lies in that one. The fact of the matter is, the 4.6 is the worst possible gun you could bring to take down a large animal such as a cougar or a bear. In fact most places it's outright illegal.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.