HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You CAN use an HK91 Collapsible Stock on an HK93 without modification! I purchased an HK91 stock, and seeing the similarities between the two, I installed it on my Century Arms C93 Sporter using only the first pin hole. Here are some pictures, and a video using the HK91 stock.

IT WORKS!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It fits, but does it fire. Would not that leave a gap between the receiver and the stock, causing the carrier to go way back past the receiver?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fire it in the youtube video, me and my friend. It's functioned 100% of the time that we had it on there. If I could, I wouldnt leave that gap either, but the stock seems sturdy enough to handle it. The Carrier does not even come back close to the end of the receiver, it gets as far as where it normally goes with the fixed stock

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Not sure I'd do this as the recoil spring is probably getting over compressed. Are you using the 91 spring or 93 spring? Not trying to burst bubbles but HK built this stuff like this for a reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the Recoil spring before and after firing, and it seemed like there wasnt anything out of the norm for the stock, no over or undercompression. Understandable that HK built things to work with their respective weapons, if stuff works, then it works right? I'll continue checking the stock and if anything is unnormal, I'll report it, but for now, looks like it works without a hitch

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The weapon cycling well is only one side of the coin. Bolt over-travel (which is doubtful in this case) is the other side.

Your 33 carrier is a buffered carrier. If it's getting all the way back to the stock, make sure it isn't destroying anything. I can't remember off the top of my head just exactly what is in the rear housing for a buffer, if anything at all.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Why not cut one of the pin tangs off and remove the recoil rod for use with your 33 recoil spring. Are you keeping it in tact for 91 that you have? It would bug me not being able to lock the bolt back for range rules and mag changes. It's cool that it works though.

These para stocks have a small buffer in them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poor College Student. I know I probably should but its $40 for a dremel, and I risk destroying permanently this $200 stock, If it works without modifications, i'll make it work

·
Banned
72 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts