HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this site and do not own any H&K products. I have been reading about the USP 40 Compact along with the Walther PPQ and the S&W M&P Shield. Out of these three I will pick one after I get a better feel for them. Meanwhile I have a question about the H&K, the (Specially designed captive recoil spring assembly with polymer absorber bushing). This bushing is it something that will wear out after a while and need to be replaced. I have a couple other pistols with some of these plastic parts that need replacing and am not wanting anything like that in any new pistols. Thanks for any information on this subject.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
This bushing is it something that will wear out after a while and need to be replaced.
The short answer is no . It's more of a guide bushing than absorbing . I had a USPc 357 SIG with I don't know how many rounds on it , looked like new . The USPc 40 compact is a nice pistol !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I am also looking at the P-2000 and the P-2000SK not sure which i might end up with.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well I am also looking at the P-2000 and the P-2000SK not sure which i might end up with.
I own a couple of the firearms you've mentioned. Although I like them all, and I don't know what your usage will be, I like my P2SK the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually carry a S&W 686 plus, but I am going to try something slimmer like a semi auto pistol. And I want one that I will not have any trouble with as a wheel gun has no FTF or any other issue like that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I recently purchased a USP 40 compact and like it a lot. As soon as I get a good holster, it will probably become my EDC. I consider the USP40c to be at the large end of cc guns and is not really that thin when it comes to semi-autos, the Shield is the thinnest of those mentioned.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If those are also on your list, I would lean towards the P2000/sk. The USPc is an issue weapon and I also have the P2000. I find the USPc grip uncomfortable after shooting 100+ rounds or so at once. The P2000 is more comfortable especially with the correct size blackstrap, plus if you ever weapon mount a light/laser you can mount whatever you want.

Only issue I've had with my USPc was a FTF/FTE on an issued mag after several years of use. I guess some people use Wolff springs to remedy. Mags are interchangeable if you end up with both :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a good look at the usp compact and it is fairly large, and thick. I just need to get a look at the 2000sk. Will probably have to wait until next Saturday. There is a gun show in Pasadena and hopefully that pistol will be there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the gun show and had a look at each pistols and the P2000 sk has a fairly short grip may not be long enough. Th usp compact's grip is only a little longer, so I am not sure about either of these pistols.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked on the H&K parts site and I see a 12 round mag for the USP compact I guess that is what you are talking about.
Since I am mainly looking at the USP that might work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
After looking at these different pistols, I may be better off getting the p2000 rather than either one of he compacts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts