HKPRO Forums banner

USP .40...how much?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  HKUSA1 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
About how much $ do you think I should try and get for a LNIB fullsize USP .40 with 2 10 rnd mags. It has around 450-500 rnds. through it. It is in 99% condition.
I am going to a local gun show here tomorrow and I am hoping to sell this in order to fund a HK45 or P30.
Thanks for the help.
-Brandon

#2 ·
I recently paid just under $600 for my stainless USP40 that had around 200rds through it w/ 2 10rd mags and standard sights. The price on these guns do vary quite a bit. The lowest I've seen was $400 for a beat-up LE trade-in, while some people put on a tac light or a jet funnel and try to charge $950 or more!

If you do your homework you should be able to find a used but decent condition USP40 with a standard setup for around $500-$600.

This place has some competitively priced USPs...

www.summitgunbroker.com

#4 ·
Very good point about holdong on to it. Funds are weak though. My other choice i have been considering is to get a USP Compact .40. I am just really in the mood for compact unless the HK45 is do-able.
Thanks a bunch for the info though. Have a good one.
Brandon

#6 ·
I bought mine here KD coded from another member who shot it but took impeccable care for this weapon (safe queen). At 13 years old, you could have told me it was new and I'd believe you. Cost was $490 with a ten round mag, I lost out on his hi-caps being in CA :( As to your question, I'd go about $550 for yours, a dealer will likely try to undercut you to turn the profit for himself, keep that in mind. Sell it on PRO or Gunbroker if you want closer to its full value.

#7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I went to the gun show here today but everybody tried to low ball me. I still do and always will love this gun so Im fine to keep it. Hopefully I can get the funds for a p30.
thanks guys.
Brandon

#8 ·
I paid $650 for a AB date code LNIB USPF .40 with 159 rounds it, the owner had just installed new Meprolight night sights and 2 hi-cap mags - the whole package looked like new - I dont feel I paid too much for what I got.

Its a wonderful pistol, then I hard chromed it and had front serrations milled into the slide, and put on DecalGrips - still to this day I have not fired 1 round thru it - will I sell this pistol...no way, its a keeper!

#11 ·
Kost,
So I'm not the only one who buys guns and lets them sit in the safe huh? I have a year old Mini 30 that has never put a round down range, and about a two month old Kimber Pro Tac sitting at home begging to go to the range. Seems if you have time, you don't have the money, then vice versa.

Glad your keeping your USP instead of getting hosed. Some novice owners may take the double hit on losing their firearm and not getting properly compensated for the sale. Hang in there and if you don't rush you will get rewarded for your patience. That's how I came across my 40F and 45F.

#12 ·
Thanks for the help and moral support guys. Its official= my USP is staying home(unless some unbelievable p30 deal pops up). I will start the long process of saving for a p30.
thanks guys,
Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.