HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
Had a friend of mine stop by while he is on leave from the sand box, and he brought his USP .40 tac over for me to take a look at. He had said that it had started to "bind" on him. Sure enough, when inserting the 16 round clip it hung just before clicking into the locked position and wouldnt not go all the way in. I inspected his jet funnle installation, made sure he was using the right clips, and couldnt find anything out of place. Has anyone had this issue, and if so what was your fix?

L

·
0 Posts
what kind of magazine springs? maybe there is grit in the magazine release or something

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
when inserting the 16 round clip it hung just before clicking
There's your problem. You guys are trying to to insert a clip instead of a magazine. Duh!!!!!

Seriously, check to make sure the JF has not shifted a bit and rotated. It is very unlikely but if the JF and the bottom frame notch are not tight it can happen. Also, where did you get the JF? If you bought it off e-Bay it could be a JF for an Air Soft. If it was working the then suddenly stopped, check alignment and even check the mag body to make sure it has not developed a small split and the mag is swelling and not allowing it to go in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill relay the information. Much appreciated. While Im not against the jf, in a situation where I need more than 13 rounds, I either need to be falling back cover to cover, or using a long gun.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's what I thought.

My USP does the same thing. With the slide closed, loading a full mag is just difficult. You're essentially working against a fully compressed mag spring at that point and pushing a round down slightly until the mag can lock into place. If you look at the top round, it'll have a mark on the casing after a few times of doing it. So, in my case, perfectly normal.

You should never have to load a full mag in distress with the slide closed. And if you do... push harder. ;)

Nothing appears to be broken to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts