HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the .40 Tactical shares the same frame as the 9mm Tactical? As you can probably tell I'm looking at possibly converting a USP Tactical from .40 to 9mm.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yes.
All fullsize USP9's and USP40's use the exact same frame.

·
Registered
617 Posts
just tried it out. the slides do in fact swap right over. although my USP9sd upper doesnt feel near as smooth on the .40tac frame as it does on its own frame.

I may have to give this a whirl and see how I like the match trigger in the 9

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next question is does anyone know someone with a USP 9 Tactical that would like to upgrade to a .40 Tactical?

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Next question is does anyone know someone with a USP 9 Tactical that would like to upgrade to a .40 Tactical?
A caliber change isn't necessary an upgrade. If you find someone that would prefer 40 to 9 then to them I guess it would be considered an upgrade. :wink:

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Sell your .40 Tactical and buy an SD ... done

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone. I guess it wouldn't too bad in the long run to have 9/40/45 all in the same platform. It'll get pricey, but that's what I get for liking HK.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sell your .40 Tactical and buy an SD ... done
Kost is correct, but REMEMBER:
The 9mm. USPSD(Tactical) doesn't say "Tactical" on the slide, doesn't have the O-ringed barrel, and doesn't have the Match Trigger.
All the SD has is a nonO-ringed threaded barrel, and the same sights as a Tactical.
Just sayin...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for pointing out the specific differences. I'm mainly planning on using the USPSD as a lower cost alternative to training since my USP-T is expensive to shoot thousands of rounds and HK will never make a .22 conversion kit.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
i wish someone would make that here or find some way to import... Surely someone is really board and has a nice CNC machine lying around??

·
Registered
410 Posts
aside from the extras with the USPt 40 and 45, in my opinion the USP is oversprung for the 9mm due to its recoil setup. I shot a doctor buddy's USP9 and it felt like playing pinball with the front dot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but to shoot 9mm with a 40, you'd need a 9mm slide, 9mm barrel and 9mm magazine?
i have a USP 40 tac and was looking at 9mm options...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts