HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
RLTW
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a USP 40c with a "KG" Date Code, in excellent condition I might add. My question for the group; Do I need to change any internal parts due to recall, upgrades, etc.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
If it’s in excellent condition I’d just run it as is until it’s not, which could be forever, I wouldn’t change anything but the question wasn’t what I’d do. So, no recalls that I know of, though they have updated parts over the years. You can find threads somewhere here on when/what. The most popular swap being the updated Firing Pin (209295), Firing Pin Block (209313) and Firing Pin Block Spring (209296). If you were going to make changes, I’d say that’s where to start. Could also do the hammer strut (215809) if it has the old style, along with the catch (219442) (and latch 214817 if it has the one piece and not the two piece) and hammer (215692) (with the notch for the longer catch). Could also do the RSA (215827) if you want from the older c-clip retained guide rod to the split rod design. Again all the above are not absolute musts. Maybe others will chime in with anything else I overlooked.

·
Premium Member
RLTW
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it’s in excellent condition I’d just run it as is until it’s not, which could be forever, I wouldn’t change anything but the question wasn’t what I’d do. So, no recalls that I know of, though they have updated parts over the years. You can find threads somewhere here on when/what. The most popular swap being the updated Firing Pin (209295), Firing Pin Block (209313) and Firing Pin Block Spring (209296). If you were going to make changes, I’d say that’s where to start. Could also do the hammer strut (215809) if it has the old style, along with the catch (219442) (and latch 214817 if it has the one piece and not the two piece) and hammer (215692) (with the notch for the longer catch). Could also do the RSA (215827) if you want from the older c-clip retained guide rod to the split rod design. Again all the above are not absolute musts. Maybe others will chime in with anything else I overlooked.
Thanks for the reply...very informative. I miss the days of actually learning about HK stuff. Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I recently purchased a USP 40c with a "KG" Date Code, in excellent condition I might add. My question for the group; Do I need to change any internal parts due to recall, upgrades, etc.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would change the trigger rebound spring, you will notice a huge difference especially during rapid fire. With the older springs you can't double tap fast.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Fire your USP40c first and get comfortable with it before you upgrade. And that also means field stripping, cleaning, lube. You'll have a better idea what to upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts