HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A friend of mine is interested in selling me a very nice HK USP 45 Compact in almost perfect condition, 3 mags, KI date code. I have no concerns about its functionality, but I know updates have been made to the USP line over time. Does anyone have a list of those updates, and is there any major update that I would be missing in getting a '98 USP that would be worth looking for a newer one?

Thanks,
-TR

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
If the price is right, I would just buy it too. . .

If you do a good search on this forum, there are lists of the changes and updates to the USP series. However, NONE of them are deal-breakers, and you are also still covered by HK's lifetime warranty, which they very honorably cover without question in the event of a legitimate failure. . . even if you are not the first owner.

C'mon. . . it's an HK!

·
Registered
281 Posts
IIRC there are newer versions of the Firing Pin and Spring, the FP Block and Spring, and the Trigger Return Spring [not too sure about the TRS]. You might want to check out hkparts.com. FWIW my 3 USPs are AE or earlier, and I've never felt a need to update any of them.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/129575-what-were-changes-h-k-made-usp-over-years.html

Changes made to the USP series:
• 1993: Original USP9 and .40.
• 1994: Reduced the slide weight by 1.1 oz.
• 1994-95: Changed to a polygonal rifled barrel (Prior barrels were standard land and groove)
• 1994-95: Changed trigger transfer bar.
• 1994-95: Changed recoil guide rod to a "captured spring version".
• 1995: Changed trigger mechanism.
• 1995-96: Added rubber spur to hammer.
• 1995-96: Changed angle on slide lock.
• 2000: Added locking feature to hammer strut support.
• 2001: Converted captive recoil spring retainer from c-clip to machined end on USP Compacts.
• 2005: Redesigned firing pin, firing pin block, and their springs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts