HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Buds gun shop is offering 1 year no interest/ no payments credit for thier guns. I just ordered a usp 45 elite from them, should be here in two weeks or so.

Last winter I had to sell my usp 45 tac and accessories to pay for school. I have regretted the sale ever since. I figure I can scrounge up 1,200 bucks in the next year and pay the elite off before I would have to start paying interest, so I bought it.

I have shorter 45's so I wanted to get a long barreled one, the elite will fit my percieved needs perfectly.

Anyone else ordered on credit from Budsgunshop?

Anything I should know about the elite?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm not sure I'd consider a 5% premium "free". I'd call it "low interest", but not free.

Now to important matters... You'll love the Elite. Without a doubt the most accurate pistol I own. It is a soft shooter but does have some muzzle flip, due I suppose to that long 6" barrel. The trigger is better than standard HK though not the best target trigger I've ever used. Offhand I've shot 1.5-1 3/4" groups at 25 yards, and FWIW, my target shooting eyes went south a long time ago. My usual best with any other gun would be 5 or 6". So, if you are a good shot, this gun will allow you to do your best. I'm sure it's capable of sub 1" groups.

Eats any and all ammo. I choose not to use any steel cased ammo. The gun stays remarkably clean even with WWB, UMC and such. I Militec'ed mine before shooting the first time, (as I do all my guns). The full grip is very textured, some people may not like it.

The 10 round mags are available for a more reasonable $20, as opposed to the $50 12 rounders. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Ydaho,

Congratulations on your new gun.

We have a 9mm Elite (wifes) and a .45 Expert (mine).

We like them both, although I like the feel of my Expert a little better. They both have a great trigger, and are very fast and accurate in the right hands. For what you are spending you are getting a great gun. I actually think it shoots in the league with some expensive high end custom guns.

I also think that the perceived recoil is a little less with the Expert and the Elite, maybe due to the double recoil springs.

Our Elite did have an ejection problem for everyone that shot it. It would eject the spent casings back into your face. This was not my wifes favorite. After it came back from spending 3 weeks at HK the issue is much improved.

Good luck with it and enjoy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've ordered a couple of guns from Bud's and taken advantage of their 90 days/same as cash deal...the new 12 mos./same as cash deal has me lookin' for an excuse to buy another gun that I don't really need!:44:

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I've ordered a couple of guns from Bud's and taken advantage of their 90 days/same as cash deal...the new 12 mos./same as cash deal has me lookin' for an excuse to buy another gun that I don't really need!:44:
Is that even legal? To advertise 12 month no interest, and then add 5% on top of it?

But anyways, man, I'm glad I didn't find deals like that back when I used to buy stuff on credit cards. I'd still be paying them off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anything I should know about the elite?

Yes, there is a hidden cost to that pistol.......ammo. You will find yourself shooting the snot out of it.

The only 'less than perfect' event I have encountered with mine is the very first shot I ever took with it left the slide a few mm short of full battery. It never happened again (so it's hardly worth mentioning), but I am just giving you a heads-up. If it happens to you, don't fret....it'll be a 1-time occurrance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a college student and during the summers I work road construction. We work so much we really don't get time to enjoy the money. So, I have a 1000 per summer gun allowance; I can spend 1000 on a gun/guns for myself. For this year I have alreay spent the 1000 on a beretta and a kahr.

I am just making next years summer purchase early; and I will pay off the elite during next summer. I agree I will have to pay the 5% thing, but it is a cost of convenience I am willing to pay, and it is interest (if you pay off the gun in one year) that is competitive with bank loans and much lower than current credit cards. I think it is a steal of a deal.

Bud's must have a massive inventory they are trying to unload for the 4th quarter.

Oh, and the ammo thing is taken care of, I have been stock piling 45 components throughout the summer, I have nearly enough for 2000 rounds. My growing stockpile is one of the reasons I wanted another 45. I didn't want the Baby Eagle to hog all of it.

45's are fun to reload and shoot too.

Thanks guys.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have been thinking about getting another Wilson then I saw they have those too. You didn't do my bank account any favors posting this info.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Outstanding gun and congratulations on your purchase.

Unfortunately, its become very expensive to feed 45 ACP.

Its also unfortunate that HK has pulled the plug on much of there 9mm line, including Elites and Experts.

9mm is the only decent deal left in ammo these days.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One last concern about the one year credit thing, and I wasn't quite sure how to interpret this. I read through the terms of the GE Money Sport Card, and it said that a monthly finance charge might be leavied, but I am not even sure I read it right. I am going to call Buds in a week or so and ask them about the details of the credit terms.

However, as far as I understand, no payments and no interest for one year if you pay it off in that time, albeit a 5% initial finance charge.

I am an econ major so I should understand the terms better, but generally, the longer you have to pay something back, the more interest you end up paying. I need to go back and reread the terms very carefully.

Maybe someone else understands the terms better than me?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update here, I checked my credit terms and there is no monthly finance charge for the first year. So, no payments, "no interest" (5%), for the first year if you pay it off in that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great way to do it , but it's actually 8% over the cost shown . . .

I confirmed this with Bud's today. The price on their site reflects a 3% discount for cash, check or money order. If you put the gun on credit, the total is actually +3% (non-cash, check, or money order) +5% as stated. This means do the deal but be aware your "cost of doing business" will add 8% to the total. PLay now and pay later. All of this being the case-- I like to play now. :)

Tbird out.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I confirmed this with Bud's today. The price on their site reflects a 3% discount for cash, check or money order. If you put the gun on credit, the total is actually +3% (non-cash, check, or money order) +5% as stated. This means do the deal but be aware your "cost of doing business" will add 8% to the total. PLay now and pay later. All of this being the case-- I like to play now. :)

Tbird out.
Well it may not be illegal, but it does violate their agreement with most credit card companies.

Lots of "playing now" is how I got $54,000 in credit card debt. Credit cards are from the devil. Never again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bud's Site

I can't access the Buds Gun Shop website from Iraq. Anyone know when this 12 mo/no interest deal ends? I'm headed back soon and may want to take advantage of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts