HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not normal. Call HK and see if they'll take care of you on that.
Is this the number/address:

Commercial and Law Enforcement Sales (USA)
HECKLER & KOCH
5675 Transport Boulevard
Columbus, Georgia 31907 USA
Tel: (706) 568-1906
Fax: (706) 568-9151
E-mail: [email protected]

I live in Canada will that be a problem?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is that rust or just the finish wearing off? Let us know what HK says about it.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Its normal, some show more color then others. Another common issue is the extractor turning a similar color over time. Totally cosmetic, what do you think HK is going to do for you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its normal, some show more color then others. Another common issue is the extractor turning a similar color over time. Totally cosmetic, what do you think HK is going to do for you?
Honestly I have no idea. That's why I'm here. Didn't know if it was normal.
Is it alright that it has worn away?
Is there anyway I can have an armorer/gunsmith recoat it?

Thank you for your help and comments by the way. I appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Plunky is mistaken, this is normal.
It is a result of finish wear. Either you are using your gun, or some type of cleaner is being especially hard on the finish.
This is normal.
Your extractor will start to do this also, especially if you shoot alot.

You could probably have a gunsmith refinish it, but then again what's the point? If you shoot alot you will see finish wear that's a fact.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I find it strange that I have a USP with 5k rounds through it and it looks nothing like that. It just looks excessive to me. That is why I said it didn't look normal to me. Just giving my two cents. A call to HK wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Send it to H&K to look at, if its defective, it will be replaced. All we can do is guess whats wrong.

H&K are 'The Pro's' - not us

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really don't think that is normal.

:(

I've got 3 USP .45ACP pistols. 2 fullsized, one compact. One of the fullsize pistols is over 13 years old (1995 vintage) and has well over 50,000 rounds through it.

It shows nothing like the wear or discoloration that the OP pictures show.

In fact, none of them do.

I suggest first calling H&K and talking to them. They might ask to see some pictures before deciding on the next course of action.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I really don't think that is normal.

:(

I've got 3 USP .45ACP pistols. 2 fullsized, one compact. One of the fullsize pistols is over 13 years old (1995 vintage) and has well over 50,000 rounds through it.

It shows nothing like the wear or discoloration that the OP pictures show.

In fact, none of them do.

I suggest first calling H&K and talking to them. They might ask to see some pictures before deciding on the next course of action.
Plus 1

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Ok, I was all prepared to say that is normal and nothing to be concerned with, just like the purple extractor club, it sometimes happens on the hammer also. But, after looking at the pictures, I must revise. I do not think it is anything more than cosmetic and it is just like the purple extractor, but that is not the normal, not to that extent. I have hammers that are getting shades of purple as they wear but nothing as extreme as that. I would put my money on it being the same cause, uneven finish on a super hard metal and normal wear, but I can see one not wanting to live with that. I do feel it is totally a cosmetic issue and there is no real "need" to replace it, but I also would be surprised if HK does not replace the hammer. That's just too much of a booger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I was all prepared to say that is normal and nothing to be concerned with, just like the purple extractor club, it sometimes happens on the hammer also. But, after looking at the pictures, I must revise. I do not think it is anything more than cosmetic and it is just like the purple extractor, but that is not the normal, not to that extent. I have hammers that are getting shades of purple as they wear but nothing as extreme as that. I would put my money on it being the same cause, uneven finish on a super hard metal and normal wear, but I can see one not wanting to live with that. I do feel it is totally a cosmetic issue and there is no real "need" to replace it, but I also would be surprised if HK does not replace the hammer. That's just too much of a booger.
I've shot ~1000 rnds through it so it hasn't seen much use. Glad it's just cosmetic, but as someone said calling HK can't hurt. I'll see what they say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts