HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! i just picked up a barley used usp 45 for $649 which i thought was a steal! less than 400 rounds i had a hk45 but had to sell sooo to day at work im going to polish my barrel (im a welder/fabricator) i dont know if anyone has pics but im gunna try and do a write up on how i did it.. and can i get a list of mods i can do im already looking at some night sights, tac trigger with screw, kinda wish this had the mag release like the hk45!! but if some1 could sell me the match weight i do have a cnc at work and could make them!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If you could fabricate them, I bet they would sell here. They are really hard to find. I don't think HK sold them seperately so the chances of buying one seperate from a match gun are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
That is a nice price for an awesome pistol. The USP .45 is a great pistol. One of my favorite to shoot.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome and yes I'd say you got a good deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I paid a couple hundred more for my HK45 this week, but there were three magazines, so that eased the pain a bit. :)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Someone recently had polished their slide and it looked like glass. It was awesome, but he recently sold it. Since you are into working with metals I'm sure you can figure out a way to make yours look really nice. Post pics please.

·
Registered
765 Posts
There have been some match weights available seperately. They sold for around $300 (+/-50 or so). I don't know of any available now, but a complete Match pistol can be had for just over $2000.

ETA: if you're a fabricator, shouldn't you be able to get an extended barrel for your gun, and design your own weight from measurements. It's going to non-authentic, anyway, so who cares if it isn't exactly like an HK original (which might be a property rights infringement, anyway)?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put the 45c mag release lever on my USP and it made a world of a difference. Best $25 I've spent on my firearms

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
No bennies to removing the HK finish from the barrel at all, sure to invite plenty of rust to the barrel/interior of the slide. Previous owner of my USP .45 polished the barrel hood, that was enough for me to send it to Virgil Tripp for hard chrome on that barrel, slide, slide release. Welcom Home jaceh14!

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
No bennies to removing the HK finish from the barrel at all, sure to invite plenty of rust to the barrel/interior of the slide. Previous owner of my USP .45 polished the barrel hood, that was enough for me to send it to Virgil Tripp for hard chrome on that barrel, slide, slide release. Welcom Home jaceh14!
I polished the top of my barrel hood as well, because it came without the HE finish, and was looking a little beat up. That was over 10 years ago not a spec of any discoloration since. Also gave the feed ramp a nice shine while I was at it. Made cleaning the ramp much faster.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts