HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a regular USP .45 because it was only 620$ used. It looked like it didnt have many rounds through it at all, still very tight, and just in general well kept. I have always wanted the threaded barrel like the tactical has so i was wondering if I could buy a Tactical version barrel and put it in my USP. Is this possible? Also if so where is a reliable place to buy this part?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes, the Tactical barrel will drop in :)

Just make sure if you get one, that you test the barrel opening on the slide, and make sure theres no "burrs". You can use some cotton swabs and see if any catches. If they do, just polish the opening (very gently) with some croakus cloth.

Heres a couple places to try:

I dont know off-hand where to get a new barrel, but you may want to ask HK-USA if they have any. If you want, you can also try Jarvis barrels, they are good quality match grade barrels, with normal rifling so you can shoot lead through them ;)

Im sure some other guys will be along to post links, but i would try HK-usa first!

ETA

the barrel locking block is one of the first parts to show wear... after a couple hundred rounds (like 2-300) you'll start to see shiney metal, this is totally regular. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts